Author Topic: Random News Stories  (Read 152922 times)

Cainad (dec.)

• Houseplant Supreme
  • Deserved It
  • Ejection Seat Party Hat Issuance Officer
    • View Profile
    • Internet Forum Safari
Re: Random News Stories
« Reply #1410 on: November 19, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »
Also, remember all those dopes cheering on the Burmese Buddhists for "taking on" the junta in early 2008?

Yup.  Nothing more than a factional power struggle, like I said at the time.  Not only that, religious extremists and reactionaries managed to get adoring human rights champions, who they would likely sentence to death, to back them.  Western liberals got played, again!

I think it's long past time that Western liberals gave up the fairy tale of Buddhism being "that one religion that doesn't spawn fundamentalist assholes, so it's okay."

This is some seriously fucked shit.

Cain

• Herma-mora-altadoon ae altadoon
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 20, 2012, 06:27:14 pm »
Polish assassination plot foiled

http://news.sky.com/story/1014078/poland-foils-bomb-plot-on-president-and-pm

Mr Tusk described him as being "fascinated by Breivik", referring to mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, a far-right fanatic who massacred 77 people in a bombing and shooting frenzy in Norway in July last year.

"In Norway nobody had imagined they had a Breivik in their midst," he added.

In a statement, prosecutors said the suspect was "motivated by his negative view of the current socio-economic situation and felt radical measures were needed to change it".

Mariusz Krason, the lead prosecutor, told journalists the suspect believed that "foreign powers exercised power in Poland rather than real Poles".

The man has no links to political or terror groups but is believed to have been motivated by nationalist, xenophobic anti-Semitic beliefs and was found to be in possession of TNT, gunpowder and other explosives
"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."
- R. Scott Bakker, The Darkness That Comes Before

Luna

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:43 pm »
The Lansing, Michigan GoP shows who they REALLY care about:

Today Lansing Republicans held a hearing on House Bills 5684 and 5685 in the Tax Policy Committee, which would give a tax credit for unborn fetuses past 12 weeks of gestation. After Lansing Republicans eliminated a state tax credit for parents with children last year, these bills would send a clear message to parents that “your kids don’t count.”

http://www.progressmichigan.org/lansing-republicans-pushing-tax-credit-for-fetuses-after-eliminating-tax-credit-for-children.html
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sexy St. Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 21, 2012, 03:11:16 am »
This is not really very cool at all: http://news.yahoo.com/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants-191930756.html

Leahy's rewritten bill would allow more than 22 agencies -- including the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Communications Commission -- to access Americans' e-mail, Google Docs files, Facebook wall posts, and Twitter direct messages without a search warrant. It also would give the FBI and Homeland Security more authority, in some circumstances, to gain full access to Internet accounts without notifying either the owner or a judge. (CNET obtained the revised draft from a source involved in the negotiations with Leahy.)

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #1414 on: November 21, 2012, 02:17:21 pm »
I'm not convinced that will make it to the floor for a vote, but it still scares me.
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Elder Iptuous

• Professional Discordian and Physiognomist
  • Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 21, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »
aaaaaand, it's gone.

Sen. Patrick Leahy has abandoned his controversial proposal that would grant government agencies more surveillance power -- including warrantless access to Americans' e-mail accounts -- than they possess under current law.
Leahy's about-face comes in response to a deluge of criticism today, including the American Civil Liberties Union saying that warrants should be required, and the conservative group FreedomWorks launching a petition to Congress -- with more than 2,300 messages sent so far -- titled: "Tell Congress: Stay Out of My Email!"

Sexy St. Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 22, 2012, 06:52:26 am »
aaaaaand, it's gone.

Sen. Patrick Leahy has abandoned his controversial proposal that would grant government agencies more surveillance power -- including warrantless access to Americans' e-mail accounts -- than they possess under current law.
Leahy's about-face comes in response to a deluge of criticism today, including the American Civil Liberties Union saying that warrants should be required, and the conservative group FreedomWorks launching a petition to Congress -- with more than 2,300 messages sent so far -- titled: "Tell Congress: Stay Out of My Email!"

Ohhh good!
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Cain

• Herma-mora-altadoon ae altadoon
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 22, 2012, 12:40:23 pm »
Moscow has banned a "political repression" protest.  I am amused.

Also, remember all those dopes cheering on the Burmese Buddhists for "taking on" the junta in early 2008?

Yup.  Nothing more than a factional power struggle, like I said at the time.  Not only that, religious extremists and reactionaries managed to get adoring human rights champions, who they would likely sentence to death, to back them.  Western liberals got played, again!

I think it's long past time that Western liberals gave up the fairy tale of Buddhism being "that one religion that doesn't spawn fundamentalist assholes, so it's okay."

This is some seriously fucked shit.

It's also worth noting that the same strain of Buddhism is practiced in Sri Lanka by the Sinhalese majority.  The same majority that practically genocided the Tamil population a few years back.
"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."
- R. Scott Bakker, The Darkness That Comes Before

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 23, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »
Well, Buddah did say that "life is suffering", so they just wanted to make sure everyone got their fair share.
LMNO
The Spider Project.

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Nepos twiddletonis

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 23, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »
:horrormirth:
Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 27, 2012, 07:36:45 pm »
Probably a meaningless gesture, but a FABULOUS meaningless gesture:

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/27/naked_protesters_storm_boehners_office/
LMNO
The Spider Project.

Elder Iptuous

• Professional Discordian and Physiognomist
  • Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 27, 2012, 07:47:24 pm »
nice.  :lol:
wait... TFA says that they arrested the three females for indecent exposure.... is that to imply that boehner allowed the four naked men to sit and chat with him for a bit?

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:58 pm »
wait... TFA says that they arrested the three females for indecent exposure.... is that to imply that boehner allowed the four naked men to sit and chat with him for a bit?

WTF?

NO MAN WOMAN IS ABOVE THE LAW. 
"What can we do to help you stop screaming?"

Sexy St. Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 27, 2012, 10:36:55 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK

― Assata Shaku

Prince Glittersnatch III

• Heir to the throne of King Kong
  • Deserved It
  • Landlord of the Flies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/27/world/asia/north-korea-china-onion/index.html

China has reprinted the Onion's story on Kim Jong Un being the sexiest man alive.  :lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!