Also features a sanity meter which goes down whenever you are in the dark (which is nigh constantly),
Oh sounds great!
There was a gamecube horror game that had one of those. Can I heck remember enough details to google it though. The more insane you went, the more lovecraft-esq visual effects messed with you ,even up to the point of a fake gc bsod.
That would be 'Eternal Darkness', and it almost had a friend of mine convinced that our dead friend (who's urn of ashes was in the closet.... hey it was his apartment) was messing with him on purpose. Probably shouldn't have been playing in the dark, come to think of it.
- Constant use of a skewed camera angle accompanied by whispers, cries, and other noises (such as footsteps, women and children screaming, doors slamming, the rattling of chains and the sound of a blade being sharpened)
- The lower the sanity meter, the more skewed the camera angle and the louder the sound effects.
- The player character finds him/herself walking upon the ceiling after entering a new room.
- Walls and ceilings bleeding. Attacking them causes more effusion.
- Appearance of large numbers of monsters that are not really there, and disappear when attacked.
- simulated errors and anomalies of the TV or GameCube, such as;
- The volume is lowered, accompanied by a fake television volume indicator on the screen.
- Epic XBox CPU failure.
- RGB mismatch on the TV, or going to a blackscreen.