Author Topic: "Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread  (Read 48930 times)

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance Floor
  • Deserved It
  • Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance F
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: "Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread
« Reply #1035 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:36 pm »
I concede your point.
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

inode_buddha

• Known & Noted
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 06, 2012, 10:45:10 pm »
Just in case you need some crazy:

http://politics.slashdot.org/story/12/10/06/2038259/us-house-science-committee-member-evolution-is-a-lie-from-hell

""Representative Paul Broun (Georgia Republican) said that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are 'lies straight from the pit of hell' meant to convince people that they do not need a savior. It would not be quite as shocking if Broun did not sit on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology"
 :horrormirth:
C|N>K

inode_buddha

• Known & Noted
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:36 pm »
And yet another one... its getting pretty bad when the state-level GOP tries to distance itself from you... this time in Arkansas (no surprises there)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ark-gop-calls-candidates-statements-offensive-17414343
C|N>K

Mangrove

• Founder of the David Foster Wallace Appreciation Society
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 07, 2012, 03:36:19 pm »

http://politics.slashdot.org/story/12/10/06/2038259/us-house-science-committee-member-evolution-is-a-lie-from-hell

""Representative Paul Broun (Georgia Republican) said that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are 'lies straight from the pit of hell' meant to convince people that they do not need a savior. It would not be quite as shocking if Broun did not sit on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology"

Geez. If you don't like a tv show, you don't have to watch it.  :wink:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 07, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »

:lulz:
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Prince Glittersnatch III

• Heir to the throne of King Kong
  • Deserved It
  • Landlord of the Flies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 07, 2012, 06:14:36 pm »

I CANT STOP WATCHING IT. EVEN WHEN I SLEEP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBN5F_UaqOA&feature=plcp
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »
As I recall, my mocking of The Big Bang Theory led indirectly to the dissolution of EBG.

Juana Go?

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 07, 2012, 08:28:45 pm »
...Seriously?
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:30 pm »
Yes.  I mocked The Big Bang Theory, which led to Hawk deleting every thread he disagreed with, the epic meltdown which preceded Faust taking away control of the site entirely.

To be fair, it was already spiralling out of control by that point, and something would have eventually given, but that is why I said "indirectly".

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 07, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »
That's bafflingly stupid.
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 07, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »
Yes.  I mocked The Big Bang Theory, which led to Hawk deleting every thread he disagreed with, the epic meltdown which preceded Faust taking away control of the site entirely.

To be fair, it was already spiralling out of control by that point, and something would have eventually given, but that is why I said "indirectly".

Wow  :lulz:

By then I think I wasn't even going there to read, so I missed all of the drama of the final meltdown.
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 07, 2012, 08:56:04 pm »
It started about here.

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 07, 2012, 10:02:41 pm »
Yep. That's when old Uncle Charley started having his "spells".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 07, 2012, 10:28:25 pm »
That was so weird, to see Charley go batshit like that.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 08, 2012, 12:58:58 am »

Sure.  The actual event that directly caused the explosion, driven by you (above) and me (over the Eartha thing) was when Charley unmodded everyone but me, then tried to cripple the mod group, which fucked the board entirely.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa