Author Topic: "Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread  (Read 52663 times)

Luna

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: "Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread
« Reply #1095 on: November 05, 2012, 03:05:42 am »
Good perspective. It drives me nuts that this is a cryptotheocracy these days. We have separation of church and state by law but if you dont go to church every sunday no one will vote for you. Its like its a european monarchy where the head of state is required to have church membership. Only our head of state hs a little wiggle room when it comes to denomination

The same separation of church & state whereby the Presidential inauguration is preceded by an 'invocation' followed by a swearing in ceremony on a Bible.

Note: Swearing in is NOT required to be on a Bible.  Teddy Roosevelt did not use a Bible, John Q. Adams swore in on a book of law. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Elder Iptuous

• Professional Discordian and Physiognomist
  • Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 05, 2012, 03:48:19 pm »
what would be the GOP reaction of a president swearing in on a Jefferson Bible, which strips out the mysticism?
they love the hocus pocus, but they love the Jefferson, too....

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 05, 2012, 03:49:36 pm »
what would be the GOP reaction of a president swearing in on a Jefferson Bible, which strips out the mysticism?

No they don't.  They threw Jefferson out of the Texas schoolbooks, IIRC, because he was a Godless hippie.
"What can we do to help you stop screaming?"

Mangrove

• Founder of the David Foster Wallace Appreciation Society
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 05, 2012, 04:22:47 pm »
Good perspective. It drives me nuts that this is a cryptotheocracy these days. We have separation of church and state by law but if you dont go to church every sunday no one will vote for you. Its like its a european monarchy where the head of state is required to have church membership. Only our head of state hs a little wiggle room when it comes to denomination

The same separation of church & state whereby the Presidential inauguration is preceded by an 'invocation' followed by a swearing in ceremony on a Bible.

Note: Swearing in is NOT required to be on a Bible.  Teddy Roosevelt did not use a Bible, John Q. Adams swore in on a book of law

Aha! Thank you for the update. Didn't know that   :)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 05, 2012, 04:41:23 pm »
Roosevelt was actually sworn in on a copy of the Necronomicon, bound in the freshly stripped flesh of children and gifted to him by J.P. Morgan.

Trufax, ITT
"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."
- R. Scott Bakker, The Darkness That Comes Before

Mangrove

• Founder of the David Foster Wallace Appreciation Society
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 05, 2012, 04:57:47 pm »
http://www.lashtal.com/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg72965;topicseen#new

Roosevelt was actually sworn in on a copy of the Necronomicon, bound in the freshly stripped flesh of children and gifted to him by J.P. Morgan.

Trufax, ITT

I see your insanity good sir and raise you a:

http://www.lashtal.com/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg72965;topicseen#new 

(Aleister Crowley blamed for 9/11)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Elder Iptuous

• Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 05, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »

No they don't.  They threw Jefferson out of the Texas schoolbooks, IIRC, because he was a Godless hippie.

a good chunk of them do.  the survivalist, don't-tread-on-me, section love Jefferson and they are in an alliance right now with the religious right , but perhaps it would be an interesting wedge...

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 05, 2012, 05:13:06 pm »

a good chunk of them do.  the survivalist, don't-tread-on-me, section love Jefferson and they are in an alliance right now with the religious right , but perhaps it would be an interesting wedge...

Balls.  Show them anything Jefferson wrote, and they'll be lining up to lynch the old hippie.

Elder Iptuous

• Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 05, 2012, 05:30:46 pm »

Balls.  Show them anything Jefferson wrote, and they'll be lining up to lynch the old hippie.

perhaps you're right.  i still think it would be a good exercise to see the reaction of using the jefferson bible for swearing in.
at the very least, it would further lessen their claim on being 'in the spirit of the founders'...

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 05, 2012, 05:41:10 pm »

perhaps you're right.  i still think it would be a good exercise to see the reaction of using the jefferson bible for swearing in.
at the very least, it would further lessen their claim on being 'in the spirit of the founders'...

What's really funny is that most of those tards think:

1.  Jefferson penned the constitution, and

2.  Benjamin Franklin was one of the early presidents.

Elder Iptuous

• Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »
i think you're right on the first point.
But, it says Benjamin was a president right there on the hunnert dollar bill!

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »
i think you're right on the first point.
But, it says Benjamin was a president right there on the hunnert dollar bill!

He was president right after Alexander Hamilton.

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 05, 2012, 11:54:13 pm »
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile

Luna

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 06, 2012, 12:12:31 am »
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Thread delivers.

What do you guys make of this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/05/chris-christie-mitt-romney_n_2079371.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

OWNAGE.

Not QUITE Christie staring at Romney slack-jawed and asking, "What the fuck, man, I have WORK to do," but I'll take it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."