Author Topic: Spagbook  (Read 444514 times)

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
Re: Spagbook
« Reply #7005 on: March 27, 2017, 11:09:30 pm »
A few English delicacies:
fatberg pie - wads of coagulated sewer grease in pastry crust
mums toes - sidewalk mushrooms and stale pub beer spread on toast
fisherman's pudding - Thames dredge in Queens Justice scrotum casing
abitotheolstuff - bout two jollies of i wi a dash er what ave yer
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: March 27, 2017, 11:28:17 pm »
It's much worse than that, dear clown. Around here that would be classed as  "Poxy vegan shite". If you're not offering a sliced sausage omelette done in last weeks lard with last month's eggs and last year's milk you may as well admit you don't know what cooking is round these parts. If a meal doesn't include bread cooked at least 3 separate ways each time it's just impolite to even eat. Etiquette dictates slapping those who prepared the food and going hungry.   

Just look at what long term exposure has done to P3nt for an example of long term pros and cons to the diet.

But it gets even worse still back with you lot. Roger has been tainting the Tucson food supply for years. The spores are all in relatively advanced rates of gestation and the next stage can soon begin. So have fun with that over there, it's had quite a while to spread out. I understand Sheen/ElChapo are running the 2024 presidential campaign on improving quarantine measures for survivors.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

• Tryna transcend duality or whatever
  • Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: March 28, 2017, 01:41:17 am »
Bread cooked three ways.... think I can do a bit more.

Bake it.
Then TOAST IT.. blackened really
AND THEN batter and fry it.
Then cut a hole and re-fry an egg into it.
Serve with a generous dollop of ye REALLIE olde fatberg mixed with "aged" fish oil.

Think I could be an English Chef... I'm remarkably comfortable with the idea of the resulting body count.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
 - Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

Don Coyote

• Token Welshman
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: April 19, 2017, 11:06:36 pm »
In which we both look inexplicably young.

I see you two have been stealing souls for eternal youth, again.

Can you blame us? Souls are delicious.

I'm finding it difficult to argue with you, there.

Meanwhile, I'm suspecting I need to increase my daily intake of souls. It's not fair how good you too look. Salty looks younger than I did 5 years ago.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: April 22, 2017, 03:57:16 am »

Meanwhile, I'm suspecting I need to increase my daily intake of souls. It's not fair how good you too look. Salty looks younger than I did 5 years ago.

He is truly ageless.
Im guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk, Charles Wick said. It was very complicated.

Don Coyote

• Token Welshman
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: April 22, 2017, 05:17:15 am »

He is truly ageless.

He...even looks younger than even a couple of years ago...hrm...is it worth the Curse of Portland for eternal youth...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: April 22, 2017, 03:34:40 pm »
The humidity and the lack of sun probably accounts for 99% of the fact that Portlanders are supposed to stay youthful-looking for longer.
Im guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk, Charles Wick said. It was very complicated.

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #7012 on: April 23, 2017, 10:26:06 pm »
Guess I found where my bubble ends. I totally thought more people at the Science March would recognize Bayes' Thorem. Oh, well.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: April 25, 2017, 02:20:10 pm »
Guess I found where my bubble ends. I totally thought more people at the Science March would recognize Bayes' Thorem. Oh, well.

I didn't recognize it and had to look it up. Is that from first term stats? Seems like a thing only economists would recognize off the cuff.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: April 25, 2017, 02:21:38 pm »
Looking good, by the way. The beard makes you look all mild-mannered and innocent. Have you lost weight?

LMNO

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: April 25, 2017, 02:56:32 pm »
That's what I meant about finding the limits of my bubble.  I've was caught up in the Less Wrong stuff a while back, and Bayes is heavily stressed.  I made the false assumptions that a) a lot of so-called "rationalists" would be at the march, and b) more science people in general would know the formula. 

Although, that means it would make a pretty cool tattoo someday.

And thanks!  I like the beard look too.  I certainly haven't lost weight, but I may appear less puffy because I'm getting high a lot more than getting drunk.

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: April 25, 2017, 06:02:47 pm »
That's what I meant about finding the limits of my bubble.  I've was caught up in the Less Wrong stuff a while back, and Bayes is heavily stressed.  I made the false assumptions that a) a lot of so-called "rationalists" would be at the march, and b) more science people in general would know the formula. 

And thanks!  I like the beard look too.  I certainly haven't lost weight, but I may appear less puffy because I'm getting high a lot more than getting drunk.

Rationalwiki may have the answer to this here.

The content of LessWrong is occasionally articulate, innovative, and thoughtful. However, the community's focused demographic and narrow interests have also produced an insular culture that is heavy with its own peculiar jargon and established ideas - sometimes these ideas might benefit from a better grounding in reality.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/LessWrong
Emphasis mine, but seems to be almost exactly what you're describing. The Finances and critisisms section are quietly damning too.

The page on Yudkowsky himself is also fucking hilarious.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Eliezer_Yudkowsky

It is important to note that, as well as no training in his claimed field, Yudkowsky has pretty much no accomplishments of any sort to his credit beyond getting Peter Thiel to give him money.

Emphasis mine again. I'm sure we can all agree that Thiel is gaping asshole. Taking his money does come with significant implications.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:17 pm »
Yeah, even if RationalWiki has a known hateboner for YK, he has become a sort of Nassim Taleb Black Swan thing, where at the beginning it's a really awesome tool/resource/concept, but after a while you have to kill your idol.

The old essays are still pretty great, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:21 pm »

Yeah, it makes a big difference in your face! You almost look weirdly younger, even with the gray in the beard. I too have been enjoying the benefits of more weed, less ethanol. I eat a lot more candy and chili cheese Fritos, but I have lost ten pounds anyway.

Cramulus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #7019 on: April 25, 2017, 10:49:16 pm »
Sweet Beard, LMNO - it looks good on you