Principia Discordia > Discordian Recipes

Cake!

(1/6) > >>

Muir:
When I was a kid (read 11-15 years old) I used to bake cookies, cakes, cupcakes, muffins, etc all the time and was actually pretty good at it.  Fast forward a few years...and...I lost it.  The last time I attempted to bake a "proper" cake it exploded in the oven (I have no clue how, please don't ask).

This past weekend, I decided to try a recipe a friend gave me.  He said it was "foolproof" and it turned out beautifully! (Much to my surprise)

So here is "Sponge Cake in 3 Steps"

Step one:  Sift 4 oz. self-raising flour and 1 tsp baking powder in a large mixing bowl.

Step two:  Throw in 4 oz. soft butter (or margarine) at room temperature, 4 oz caster sugar, 2 large eggs, 2-3  drops pure vanilla essence and mix well until soft and gloopy.

Step three: Empty into a lightly-greased 20 cm (8 inch) round cake tin and put in a 325 F oven for about 30 minutes.  Remove from tin and let cool on a wire rack.

----

Does anyone else have any really simple "never fail" cake recipes?   

AFK:
Yes, get someone else to make you a cake. 

Sit.  Eat.  Enjoy!

Q. G. Pennyworth:
No, but I have a foolproof peanut butter cookie one.

Your Mom:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.:
I'm not allowed to use the oven after the Totino's Pizza IncidentTM but this looks like fun. I shall relay recipe to She-Who-Mans-The-Kitchen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version