Author Topic: Garbo's Photography  (Read 3846 times)

Juana Go?

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Garbo's Photography
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:08:10 pm »
These are varying shades of Old, but I thought I'd post them anyway. Going to pick up the camera again in the near future, though.

Mesa Verde national park, from 2007

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:04:11 pm by Secret Agent GARBO »
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

Nast

• Deserved It
  • Impartial Biscuit Game Referee
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Sheep's Photography
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:02:14 pm »
Pretty! Is that some California poppy in the last one?
It's probably just a phase.

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:29:19 pm »
Thank you and yes indeed. :)
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

E.O.T.

• Deserved It
  • Let me ask the dog. Oh, whoops, he can't talk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:57:57 am »
DUDE

you gave us deepsea, landscape and micro (!!!)

HOLY SHIT

fucker. let's see what else ya got
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 08:26:51 pm »
Landscape and macro is what I do, mostly, but I dabble in portraiture, too.

For Bigger

For Bigger

^ Also at Mesa Verde. For bigger

Edited to adjust sizes. If you want full detail, the links will give it to you.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:21:33 pm by Hover Cat »

Cramulus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 03:44:03 pm »

wallpaper'd

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 04:09:31 pm »
That's the first time I think that's happened! :)

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »
Those appear to be really pretty, but FYI regardless of detail if the whole picture doesn't fit on the screen there's no way to really appreciate it. It's looking at 1/4 of a picture at a time and then trying to imagine what the whole image would look like if you could see it all at once.

Also, if I can see the scrollbar I can't see the top of the picture. So, you're better off resizing them so they at least fit on the screen.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 04:34:52 pm »
I'll go fix that in the near future. I have debate rounds in about ten minutes.

Cramulus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 05:06:05 pm »
Those appear to be really pretty, but FYI regardless of detail if the whole picture doesn't fit on the screen there's no way to really appreciate it. It's looking at 1/4 of a picture at a time and then trying to imagine what the whole image would look like if you could see it all at once.

Also, if I can see the scrollbar I can't see the top of the picture. So, you're better off resizing them so they at least fit on the screen.

if you're using opera, you can just click the "fit to screen" button in the bottom right hand corner of the browser, and it'll automatically resize everything

if you're using firefox, right click and hit "view image" - it'll resize it for your browser window

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 05:12:49 pm »

if you're using opera, you can just click the "fit to screen" button in the bottom right hand corner of the browser, and it'll automatically resize everything

if you're using firefox, right click and hit "view image" - it'll resize it for your browser window

Good tips, thanks. I'm using Chrome, I'll see if it has a similar feature.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »
Nope.

― Assata Shaku

bds

• Deserved It
  • Weevil-ridden Sexhurt™ junkie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 05:19:03 pm »
Really? If I right click on the photo>open image in new tab it scales down in the new tab. It's not fit to screen, but at least you can see it all?

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 02:26:27 am »
Really? If I right click on the photo>open image in new tab it scales down in the new tab. It's not fit to screen, but at least you can see it all?

Ah, that works. Thanks.

Kind of a PITA and I doubt I will ever go to that much effort.

― Assata Shaku

Juana Go?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 04:40:27 am »
That much effort will never be required again. Sorry. :(