Author Topic: So, Jim...When Did We Join The Monkeys?  (Read 8864 times)

Doktor Howl

• MECHANICALLY SEPARATED MEAT HOLE
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • MECHANICALLY SEPARATED MEAT HOLE
    • View Profile
Re: So, Jim...When Did We Join The Monkeys?
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2011, 05:16:17 pm »
Poptard was good for that sort of thing.

I can't remember if he was poptard, but he was A poptard.
"Man, there's nothin' to do in this stupid town rope swing's busted, stinking cops always kicking me out of the park manager of the 7-11 always says "get off my curb you good for nothing" all the girls already know I'm a bad kisser so they don't come anywhere near me I don't know how many times I've been to TGIF a kid can eat an onion bloom only so many times bowling's boring, the skating rink's been taken over by 12 year olds there ain't no good movies out, blockbuster never has any good games in I don't want to play Bombad Racing, I mean what the heck is that? I'm sick of all my records and every time I walk into a record store, I forget what I want to get and their ain't nothing on TV, not a stupid thing! There ain't nothing to do 'cept take naps and wait patiently for death!"
- Brak

chimes

• (epimetheus, but epimetheus was an Accursed F5er)
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2011, 06:41:04 am »
Note: This post is windbaggery

This seems to be the solution for a lot of things...Take it, and then run it right to the wall.  If it can't stand the strain, it's not valid.  If the others can't handle the strange bodily fluids you emit, or the strange howlings of the rock n roll you blast while you stress-test their system, then you'll know the truth.

Happened to read this verse in Mitchell's trans. of Tao te Ching today:
When you have names and forms,
know that they are provisional.
When you have institutions,
know where their functions should end.
Knowing when to stop,
you can avoid any danger.

The gist of this verse, which I can easily agree with, both contradicts and supports your thing. On the one hand, it seems to me taking an ideology to the wall could serve simply to make the participant more fanatical more quickly, or else drive 'em insane; and it would be wiser to simply take the ideology only to where it's necessary, and nowhere else.
On the other hand, you seem to be saying that taking it to the wall is exactly how to find out where the idea's "functions should end."
I suppose the resolution could be found in the following: yes, taking it to the wall has dangers of fanaticism and insanity and other shit, if you don't go in with the proper attitude. But if you don't brave the danger, you don't deserve the resulting wisdom. And "danger" is exactly where the fun is to be had most of the time anyway.

Thoughts?
what is this kid talking about?

post-singularity pocket orgasm toad of righteousness

BadBeast

• BadBeast so totally fucking
  • Deserved It
  • Prefect Priapicus Fukmuk, Lord of the opening I
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2011, 09:40:52 am »
The form is not the function, it's the only fixed, known quantity in the equation. The function exists only as a field of possibility until you commit to the form and submit to it's judgement. You have to speculate to accumulate. The stake is your sanity. The Prize, Wisdom. The Wheel spins, do you pass, or play?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

chimes

• (epimetheus, but epimetheus was an Accursed F5er)
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2011, 03:32:54 pm »
The form is not the function, it's the only fixed, known quantity in the equation. The function exists only as a field of possibility until you commit to the form and submit to it's judgement. You have to speculate to accumulate. The stake is your sanity. The Prize, Wisdom. The Wheel spins, do you pass, or play?

Might as well play - this pink blob in my skull's gotta be good for something :D
what is this kid talking about?

post-singularity pocket orgasm toad of righteousness

BadBeast

• BadBeast so totally fucking
  • Deserved It
  • Prefect Priapicus Fukmuk, Lord of the opening I
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:08 pm »

Might as well play - this pink blob in my skull's gotta be good for something :D
Round and round, watch it spin, when it stops, that's when you win!

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Choppas an' Sluggas

• DAKKA! DAKKA! WAAAGH! WAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:51 pm »
I remember this one, even if I didn't participate. 

And then Chickenfucker.  Oh, man, Chickenfucker was hilarious.
Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial increases in corpse production.

Derrick Broze

• Deserved It
  • STATISM IS SLAVERY!
    • View Profile
    • DEATH TO THE STATE!
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2013, 07:41:58 am »
Bumping for awesomeness.

Hoopla

• "postmodern nihilist reactionary"
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2013, 02:18:51 pm »
This is the first time I read the OP... It is amazing.  In addition, the conversation that follows is almost as engrossing. I love it.
"I contradict myself?  Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes."  -Walt Whitman

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2013, 01:49:47 am »
I'm thinking about things like my motherhood, too, and your work with caddisflies. These are really big, important, defining parts of our lives, but still not encompassing enough to become identities unto themselves. My kids will grow up and move away. You might get a wild hair to go off and become an artist or a mechanic. Letting these things, or how we vote, or religion or lack thereof, become our definitions of self, is in defiance of necessary and positive change. Not that we should be shiftless and flighty and take nothing seriously, but that we should be conscious of being whole, multifaceted people, and shun defining ourselves by our incidentals.

Wow, I totally forgot saying this. I feel like I need it stamped on a calling card.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2013, 01:50:17 am »
This was a really, really valuable OP and conversation, IMO.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2013, 04:08:36 am »
Not sure where, but this needs to emerge from the internets and engage people IRL.
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Doktor Skinsaw

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2013, 04:58:55 am »
Not sure where, but this needs to emerge from the internets and engage people IRL.

We should build it into an Illuminati program.

― Assata Shaku

Q. G. Pennyworth

• Slimy Thing Who
  • Deserved It
  • tentacle face mexico cookie lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »
Actually read this all the way through, totally worth the effort :)
Lap-Top Confessional of Your Most Deranged Horrorbag Indulgences | _xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 131, this should never happen.

Don't fucking judge me, I've got tentacles for a face.

Payne

• Bowel-Shattering Deathbag of Monstrously Amorous Intent
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »
They help the other 94% of our planetary cohabs get with the fucking program, is what.  Without an ideology to guide them, they'd go the way of the neandertals.

I'm quite sure that's the rationalization.

And it sure helped in 1939.

Oh, point.

So how do you propose we keep ideologies from the masses? 

I don't.  I am uninterested in saving the masses.

That's Payne's job, anyway, and he's dead.

Wait, what?

That's MY job? I thought my job was to die for the fuckers and make them feel slightly bad about offing me - for at least a few weeks.

Payne

• Bowel-Shattering Deathbag of Monstrously Amorous Intent
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2013, 09:56:00 pm »
They help the other 94% of our planetary cohabs get with the fucking program, is what.  Without an ideology to guide them, they'd go the way of the neandertals.

I'm quite sure that's the rationalization.

And it sure helped in 1939.

Oh, point.

So how do you propose we keep ideologies from the masses? 

I don't.  I am uninterested in saving the masses.

That's Payne's job, anyway, and he's dead.

He didn't learn from Curly's fate.  Or Jesus.  Or MLK.  Or Gandhi.  Or Malcolm X.  Or John Dillinger.

The masses don't want to be saved, and they'll kill you if you try.

Oh, that's more like it! A good ol' crucifiction, that's exactly what I was ordered for end, when all the bastards are screaming at me about how it's my duty to help them out.