Author Topic: Really real discordians  (Read 5579 times)

AFK

• We all
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Really real discordians
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2010, 03:52:23 pm »
I don't think I've ever been attacked either.  Certainly I've had some rather boisterous arguments with members, but nothing so intense that I wanted to leave.  And those were more topical discussions and not about being "really real".   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance Floor
  • Deserved It
  • Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance F
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »
I don't think we've had a debate about Discordian Catma since DK's "Cartesian Duality" troll... and that was more BIP than PD.
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Herbertina Merrique V

• Wow, sarcasm. That's original.
  • Outlandish
  • Partially-Automated Man Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »

Do I get to call you racist now? Even if you didn't mean it in that way?

Finns are a race?  Who knew?

Ah, sorry. Xenophobic would be the word I meant, or even more specifically maybe just "prejudiced against a certain nationality", or something along those lines. Doesn't change much of the point there, but well yeah.

- Hamartia Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosy,
understands very well why people are tired of the topic
(the reasons why they then keep discussing it, not so well)
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:20 pm »

Ah, sorry. Xenophobic would be the word I meant, or even more specifically maybe just "prejudiced against a certain nationality", or something along those lines. Doesn't change much of the point there, but well yeah.

I'm not xenophobic.  I just hate foreigners.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2010, 05:18:41 pm »
Yeah it seems that the High Level HAZMAT Grade Ripping Into happens between people with high post counts who've been here a while.

Maybe the people complaining about this WANT to be told nasty things by people they get along with and respect.

Also, personally, I enjoy it when you tell me I'm fucking stupid, Nigel. I don't get enough of that IRL because I'm surrounded by morons.

Aww, thanks! :)
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Herbertina Merrique V

• Wow, sarcasm. That's original.
  • Outlandish
  • Partially-Automated Man Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2010, 05:19:17 pm »

I'm not xenophobic.  I just hate foreigners.

I don't think your hate was unclear for anyone here.  :lulz:
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2010, 05:23:26 pm »
How many more times do we have to have this fucking conversation? :boring:

23!

To the OP, I'm not sure that we are really here to tell people how to think or what they should believe in.  The idea has always been TFY,S.  It's that you should think for yourself, not that we are going to tell you, prescriptively, what to think when you reach that point.  Now, certainly, if someone puts up an idea or belief that seems a little batty to some of the posters, it will be challenged.  There is no judge or jury here that ultimately decides who is right or wrong.  Even if you do have 5 or 6 old timers shouting against a couple newer folks, ultimately, there is no decision about who is right or wrong. 

The conclusion of the argument is simply where people stop shouting. 

Ha!  See what I did there? 

Dalekk is, apparently, here to tell people how to think or what they should believe in. Or, at least, who they should or should not listen to.  :lulz:

Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

AFK

• We all
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2010, 05:40:46 pm »
Well, everyone should listen to me always because I'm write about everything. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Net (+ 1 Hidden)

• 10,000 trillion gigaelectronvolts
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:43 pm »
 :mind ray:
Skin Monster of Inappropriately-Placed Parsnip Removal

“It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs.” — J A C K   H A N D E Y

"Open your ass and your heart and mind will follow." — C H E S T E R   M A I N A R D

Payne

• Bowel-Shattering Deathbag of Monstrously Amorous Intent
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2010, 06:33:36 pm »
Thoughts on reading this thread:

"Shit. Roger's back now, and I totally forgot about the Mind Control Laz0rs. Or was I made to forget?"

"I wonder if you score double points for hating on Gay Finns? Is that even in the rulebook?"

"God damnit, there's always one. Then at least another one following up behnd with this horeshit."

"Damn, I wonder if Rogers has a mind control cock as well? Would that even work on Finns?"

"Well, this thread is another waste of time. Maybe it's just as well I never get to spend that much time reading PD anymore if this is the quality of the faire on offer."

"Wow, mind control cocks. If they exist, I'm thinking that LMNO has it, and he's TOTALLY use it on the "Inner Circle"..."

Jenne

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2010, 06:42:24 pm »
I don't want to diminish what has been said here with a "I am posting in this thread" type of comment, because really, it probably DOES need airing out every once in a while, like a dusty-yet-well-used rag rug on the floor.  This notion that PD.com is bigger than its britches seems to come around often enough, and airing grievances being what they are, I tend to take the tack of "eh, why the hell not?" for the exercise and rarely get involved.  Unless I feel there's a point I wanted to underscore and it hasn't been said yet.  *searching brain*  No, there isn't one of those as of yet.

Heh, yeah, I'm not even sure what I'm saying other than, "I am posting in this thread."  Guess I should've stuck to that after all.  :lulz:

Cramulus

• Mods
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2010, 06:42:55 pm »
"REAL" DISCORDIANS?
             \

YOU TELLIN' ME THAT INFLATABLE BITCH ISN'T REAL??
             \

I'M HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS HERE
             \

The Good Reverend Roger

• Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2010, 06:44:59 pm »
Well, the outrage I get here for being an utter bastard is nothing compared to that which I receive IRL (from a certain traumatized neighor, for example), so it's no big deal.  

It's just funny, is all.  My guess is that Dalekk's friend that signed up took us a little too seriously, got pissed, and left.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

Phox

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2010, 06:50:25 pm »

Sorry, should've thought twice before using that. :weary: But is "oldfag" even a pejorative? I don't think it really applies any negative effects to the LGBT people, or anyone else for that matter.

It depends on how a person takes it. I for one find it offensive as fuck, so I repeat, fuck off with that shit.

Payne

• Bowel-Shattering Deathbag of Monstrously Amorous Intent
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2010, 06:54:10 pm »
Well, the outrage I get here for being an utter bastard is nothing compared to that which I receive IRL (from a certain traumatized neighor, for example), so it's no big deal.  

It's just funny, is all.  My guess is that Dalekk's friend that signed up took us a little too seriously, got pissed, and left.

ROGER, You are a terrily bad man. We all know it. That's why we love you.

Also, enquiring minds would like to know more about the Mind Control Cock.

Also also, seeing as I have you here: Are you going to be coming over to this side of the Atlantic in the next while, as was (almost, but not really, kinda) planned?