Author Topic: Slow Time in Fat City, part 9: The Last Investigative Journalist  (Read 3397 times)

Cainad (dec.)

• Houseplant Supreme
  • Deserved It
  • The Emperor's Hairy Right Hand
    • View Profile
    • Internet Forum Safari
Re: Slow Time in Fat City, part 9: The Last Investigative Journalist
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 06:45:23 am »
I finished re-reading Transmetropolitan just yesterday.

Fucking uncanny. More than a few times, a chill went up my spine as I read a page or two that came too close to the Real World.

BadBeast

• BadBeast so totally fucking
  • Deserved It
  • Prefect Priapicus Fukmuk, Lord of the opening I
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 04:36:54 am »

Fucking uncanny. More than a few times, a chill went up my spine as I read a page or two that came too close to the Real World.
I'll tell you what's fucking uncanny. Warren Ellis's fictionalised coverage of the 2016 election campaign. 18 years early. And inventing "google glass" for Spider's uber cool glasses. And predicting live streaming internet newscasts. Bumped for relevance. And as an excuse to stick my head around the door and say "Hey everyone". So erm, Hey everyone . . . and L8rs pert8ers.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 12:58:57 pm »
Well, you're a blast from the past...

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 01:45:13 am »

I'll tell you what's fucking uncanny. Warren Ellis's fictionalised coverage of the 2016 election campaign. 18 years early. And inventing "google glass" for Spider's uber cool glasses. And predicting live streaming internet newscasts. Bumped for relevance. And as an excuse to stick my head around the door and say "Hey everyone". So erm, Hey everyone . . . and L8rs pert8ers.

I always thought the election in that was more "Obama replacing Nixon".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, you are probably missing some important data."
- Drake Dwornik (paraphrased)

" I just called the Nobel Prize committee and was shocked to learn there is no Nobel Prize for boobs. Which makes me wonder why they even bother."
- TGRR, losing the plot