Author Topic: Reid calls Jintao a dictator  (Read 941 times)

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Reid calls Jintao a dictator
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »
"I am going to go back to Washington tomorrow and meet with the president of China. He is a dictator," Reid told local TV talk show "Face to Face with Jon Ralston." "He can do a lot of things through the form of government they have."

The inflammatory remarks were made after Ralston asked if Reid thought the lame-duck tax cut deal was a good one. The Nevada senator quickly backtracked from his statement.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said dictator, but they have a different type of government than we have and that's an understatement," Reid said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/01/19/2011-01-19_harry_reid_senate_majority_leader_calls_chinese_president_hu_jintao_a_dictator_.html#ixzz1BUm8Ybhc

Is it my imagination or was that jealousy?  :?

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Reid calls Jintao a dictator
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:51:44 pm »
If Jintao had been quicker and more intent on burning bridges, he could have quoted Julius Nyerere and replied "The United States is also a one-party state. But with typical American extravagance, they have two of them."

I would have.  Which probably explains why the Diplomatic Corps burn all of my applications to join them.

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:57:44 pm »
If Jintao had been quicker and more intent on burning bridges, he could have quoted Julius Nyerere and replied "The United States is also a one-party state. But with typical American extravagance, they have two of them."

I would have.  Which probably explains why the Diplomatic Corps burn all of my applications to join them.

:lulz:

Can't imagine why.......

Whatever

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:58:54 pm »

Can't imagine why.......

I for one support the claim that they are afraid of his terrible awesomeness and that he will make all the rest look like the idiots.

AFK

• We all
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 05:11:30 pm »
Just on a slight side note:  I have to imagine that the people of Nevada had a quick sigh of relief when Reid beat out Angle in the election.  But then quickly realized, "Oh, yeah, now we're stuck with Harry Reid for another 6 years."

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »
Just on a slight side note:  I have to imagine that the people of Nevada had a quick sigh of relief when Reid beat out Angle in the election.  But then quickly realized, "Oh, yeah, now we're stuck with Harry Reid for another 6 years."

The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »

That's why you have to vote for the funny one.

Nephew Twiddleton

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »

That's why you have to vote for the funny one.

Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »

:mittens:

Phox

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 01:47:55 am »

Cain, if there are any governments left when I start taking over Pacific islands and declare sovereignty, you can be the head of my foreign relations department. You get a bonus for each country that declares war, drops bombs, or sends assassins (directed at either of us).