Author Topic: poem fragments I don't know what else to do with  (Read 3326 times)

The Wizard Joseph

• Tryna transcend duality or whatever
  • Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: poem fragments I don't know what else to do with
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 06:03:04 am »
A wily Greek goddess named Eris
Carved on an apple "To the fairest"
And thrown in a wedding
Got goddesses betting
And lulz like that, friend, are the rarest
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
 - Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

• Tryna transcend duality or whatever
  • Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: poem fragments I don't know what else to do with
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »
The attached image has a poetic and quite nifty perspective on the Greek gods and perspective on how they do these days. Someone shared it on FB and I noted that Eris got snubbed YET AGAIN and felt compelled to write a short piece. Here is that, but read the image first for maxim effect. It should properly be at the bottom of this other person's series in retort.

Eris watches as a million little windows on hundreds of screens all feed her tiny tidbits of the human drama, great and petty. It's the drama of her own family and she knows this well. She sips a very dry, dark wine laced with the very latest consciousness expanding chemicals. Soon her name will be known again in her rightful glory as theirs are, but for now she waits in the shadows with a million eyes reflected in her own and a GRIN sharp enough to cut diamonds.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
 - Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz: