OK, here we go.
1 bottle Everclear, 750 ml (You can also use vodka. If you wanted, and like the burning sensation of alcoholism less than I do.)
2 tsp caraway seeds
10 whole cloves
4 Sticks cinamon
2 whole vanilla beans
2 pieces yellow ginger (or 2 tsp. Tumeric)
2 pieces white ginger (feel free to double this. at least. We usually use a good 3-4 cm long chunk)
10 cardamom seeds cracked open
1/2 a nutmeg nut crushed
3 strips orange rind (just skin a whole one.)
3 strips lemon rind (just skin a whole one.)
1 pinch saffron (for color. optional)
4 cups water
2 lbs. honey
1-3 chinese dried hot peppers (optional, for more heat. The versions Tripple Zero and Torte tried had this.)
1. combine all spices and 4 cups water. Boil until it's reduced down to 2 cups
2. put the honey into a pot (same as the spice or different, whatever), and CAREFULLY heat it until it just starts to simmer or boil. As it boils, a white foam will develop. Skim it off an discard. DO this for 5-10 min., or until not much new foam is coming up. Don't sweat it if it's never totally done.
3. add the boiled down spice-water to the honey, mix well over VERY low heat.
4. CAREFULLY add the everclear to the still warm spice water + honey mix. I'm serious, there is mad science BOOM potential here. Take it off heat and away from potential ignition sources first, or you'll discover you're playing with sweet spicy napalm.
5. Once combined, heat on VERY low heat for 10-15 min covered. DO not even let it simmer, you'll just loose alcohol.
6. Remove from heat and let sit overnight, covered, then pour into bottles / jars / whatever.
7. Crap will settle out of it. After 2 weeks, pour off the clarified liquor, and filter the crap through coffee filters. Put back in bottles and let it settle again. Repeat filtering until it's clear of all crap.
8. Leave it alone for awhile to age. After a month it will be ready. Time will make it better and more mellow, even after all the sediment crap is removed. It should be VERY clear. 6 month old stuff is what you had of mine. 1 year old stuff is suppose to be the nectar of the gods, if you can leave it alone that long...