Author Topic: Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)  (Read 5524 times)

The All-Seeing Waffle

• A Fairy-Tale Princess Trapped in a Viking Manbear's Body
  • Deserved It
  • Nordic Freakshow Armada of Sexhurt™
    • View Profile
I am spaghetti. And this was assistance work/building day.
Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
I am spaghetti. And this was assistance work/building day.

I bet.  Today is MORE SHOULDERS.

I ain't questioning the trainer, here.  There are definite, measurable results.

It's just SO MUCH SHOULDERS.
Extend loyalty to individuals, but never organizations.

Dubya

• n00b
  • Known & Noted
  • Hideously Oiled Bonobo of Sexual Acceleration
    • View Profile
Be very conscious of proper form with the shoulders. Rotator cuff injuries suck.

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
Be very conscious of proper form with the shoulders. Rotator cuff injuries suck.

Yep.  This is why I pay for a proper trainer.

Dubya

• n00b
  • Known & Noted
    • View Profile
Wish there were a few proper trainers here. The last time I set foot in the gym here, there were three trainers, all busy with clients, all egging said clients on to "one more rep!" at the expense of good form. I did a few sets and got the hell out.

Kind of makes me wonder if the gym's owner would be open to hiring me on. You know, on the basis of uninjured customers are happier customers.

Then again, the MMA types that frequent the place might think it beneath them to be tortured trained by an aging, bespectacled fat bastard. Got to try it now that I think of it in those terms. Lulz to be had and SCIENCE to be done.

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
Wish there were a few proper trainers here. The last time I set foot in the gym here, there were three trainers, all busy with clients, all egging said clients on to "one more rep!" at the expense of good form. I did a few sets and got the hell out.

Kind of makes me wonder if the gym's owner would be open to hiring me on. You know, on the basis of uninjured customers are happier customers.

Then again, the MMA types that frequent the place might think it beneath them to be tortured trained by an aging, bespectacled fat bastard. Got to try it now that I think of it in those terms. Lulz to be had and SCIENCE to be done.

The trainer I have stops you if your form is shit.  Then you rest, and try again.

The All-Seeing Waffle

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
One of the girls I train with told me about a PT she had while working out at a regular commercial gym. While she did her squats, bench presses and deadlifts, he did bicep curls. For two hours.
"He looked like a plank with huge arms."
[/b]

Dubya

• n00b
  • Known & Noted
    • View Profile
One of the girls I train with told me about a PT she had while working out at a regular commercial gym. While she did her squats, bench presses and deadlifts, he did bicep curls. For two hours.
"He looked like a plank with huge arms."
:eek: :horrormirth:

Dubya

• n00b
  • Known & Noted
    • View Profile
Imagine Shaquille O'Neal squished down to 5'9". That's what Koffi looks like, who runs the gym here. He looks me up and down, then laughs. Then he tells me he doesn't pay trainers. He just has them sign a contract releasing him from liability if someone they're training gets hurt. Then he tells me he'd be happy to put up a flyer for me on the board if I want to do that.

So now I get to draw up a flyer so I can subject unsuspecting people to my high school weights coach's program.  :lulz:

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
Deadlift now at 325 Lbs (147.5 Kg).

I am a sore monkey.

The All-Seeing Waffle

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Deadlift now at 325 Lbs (147.5 Kg).

I am a sore monkey.

Sweet.

I did squats for the first time in 3 weeks on Monday. It went well. I work up to a single at 137,5 on my heavy squat days, and this was easy, eve after the tonsilitis and the drunkenness weeks.
I also tried sumo squats for the first time. My hamstrings are dead.

I also started doing dragon flags for abs, since I find sit ups to be deathly boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKXkuhY7_0
Only the negative movement so far though. My abs are melting.
[/b]