In an effort to preserve the lore of the Late Good Reverend Roger, I will be collecting most of his drug-addled turds of wisdom. Feel free to contribute, if I miss any.
I'll start with his standardized Ironclad Rules for Thinking for Yourself.
1. Lots of shit happens that you aren't told about.
2. Everything is funny when it happens to someone else.
3. It's even funny when it happens to you.
4. At least half of what you think you know is wrong, to one degree or another.
5. When evidence is presented that contradicts your worldview, maybe you should re-examine both the evidence and your worldview.
6. Everyone is retarded some of the time. The trick is to be retarded as seldom as is possible.
7. When the rock hits you, holler.
8. Jesus might provide. You should probably take steps of your own, at least until he gets around to you.
9. There is no such thing as "abuse of freedom".
10. The Law should be the servant of Freedom. If it isn't, go all Chainsaw Billy and start over.
11. If you hate skeptics, you probably have bad ideas.
12. Bad signal, acted upon by yourself or someone else, causes 50% of all the trouble you run into.
13. The other 50% is caused by stupidity and bad luck.
14. If it has to be classified or kept secret, it's wrong.
15. Cops and other authority figures are interested in cleaning their desk, not in seeing justice done.
16. Three phrases, when used appropriately can smooth out most altercations: "I'm sorry", "I was wrong", and "I don't know...Let me check."
17. Happy marriages are usually based on the ability of both people to say "I love you", when you really want to show them what's what. This also applies to friendships.
18. If drink or drugs unwinds the spring in your head, be sure to party alone.
19. There's an asshole in every crowd. If you can't tell who the asshole is, it's probably you.
20. If there's nothing to win, don't fight.