Author Topic: WEIRDOVERSE  (Read 831 times)

Bobby Campbell

• Bard O'Dummy
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
    • bc
Re: WEIRDOVERSE
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »
It's really good stuff, Bobby.  But welcome to the world of art.  Nothing is ever quite good enough, and the more obscure a writer is, the more everything has to be PERFECT.

Thanks very much! And yeah I really can't blame them either. They've probably got a lot riding on these books and shouldn't settle for something they don't actually like. I wish them well in their pursuit of perfection w/ someone else!

Fucking hell that sounds head wrecking.

It is indeed! Neil Gaiman has a great bit about how it seemed like he got punished every time he did stuff just for the money. Not a bad lesson for me to learn maybe.

After the MSY/tales from Fat Ernie's, it took me three years to even THINK about trying another project that involved more than me.

I have the same problem with artists that Bobby has with writers.

Yeah it occurs to me that it might be ridiculous to still be dealing w/ publishers & middlemen in the current paradigm.

The pay is negligible anyway, I might as well put my time and energy back into making and distributing my own stuff.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 03:29:06 pm »

Yeah it occurs to me that it might be ridiculous to still be dealing w/ publishers & middlemen in the current paradigm.

The pay is negligible anyway, I might as well put my time and energy back into making and distributing my own stuff.

No shit.  I'm sitting on 3 stories for graphic novels, complete, and I've just finally given up.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

Bobby Campbell

• Bard O'Dummy
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
    • bc
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 11:39:17 am »

No shit.  I'm sitting on 3 stories for graphic novels, complete, and I've just finally given up.

In all honesty if I could quit I absolutely would, but that doesn't seem possible for me, so I just try to enjoy the compulsion as best as I can

Bobby Campbell

• Bard O'Dummy
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
    • bc
THRONE GAMES
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 03:59:07 pm »
I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, but it sounds pretty awesome...