Author Topic: SSOOKN Exclusive for Dok Howl....  (Read 333 times)

Mangrove

• Founder of the David Foster Wallace Appreciation Society
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
SSOOKN Exclusive for Dok Howl....
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:10:42 pm »
....What Taylor Swift sounds like without auto-tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG9QmiY2g-c
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
Re: SSOOKN Exclusive for Dok Howl....
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:15:11 pm »

You know I'm going to be utterly unable to not click that link when I get home.

And you know that revenge rides a slow horse.
"Man, there's nothin' to do in this stupid town rope swing's busted, stinking cops always kicking me out of the park manager of the 7-11 always says "get off my curb you good for nothing" all the girls already know I'm a bad kisser so they don't come anywhere near me I don't know how many times I've been to TGIF a kid can eat an onion bloom only so many times bowling's boring, the skating rink's been taken over by 12 year olds there ain't no good movies out, blockbuster never has any good games in I don't want to play Bombad Racing, I mean what the heck is that? I'm sick of all my records and every time I walk into a record store, I forget what I want to get and their ain't nothing on TV, not a stupid thing! There ain't nothing to do 'cept take naps and wait patiently for death!"
- Brak

Mangrove

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

You know I'm going to be utterly unable to not click that link when I get home.

And you know that revenge rides a slow horse.

You can thank me later  :D

[PS While on Youtube, search on 'shreds' and type in the name of just about any band you can think of to hear them..uhh...'remixed'. Step-Mang 4 put me on to this today.]

Choppas an' Sluggas

• DAKKA! DAKKA! WAAAGH! WAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »
I think I have a better singing voice than that, and I suck balls at singing. This got a deal with a label?  :(
Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial increases in corpse production.

AFK

• We all
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:19:16 pm »
Apparently it also helps if you look like a drunk elf from Arkansas. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sexy St. Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:23:16 pm »
I think I have a better singing voice than that, and I suck balls at singing. This got a deal with a label?  :(

It's a joke dub.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Mangrove

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 05:53:52 pm »

It's a joke dub.

Yes.

However, with that said, every time I've ever heard her sing on a live broadcast, she almost always drops notes, sings flat and has a thin, anemic voice. Either she's auto-tuned (or pro-tooled or whatever) in the studio or she does a thousand takes per song (or both) because her live singing is deeply underwhelming.

Step-Mang #4 introduced me to 'Shreds' on Youtube. We laughed our asses off watching these but when we pulled up the Taylor Swift dub we were like 'Huh? I can't really notice much of a difference."