Author Topic: labels propaganda  (Read 3284 times)

navkat

• WANKer
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: labels propaganda
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »
Oysters, well done.  You got me.

I now know not to bother explaining further when you request it.

I feel like I missed something.

Why?  I was referring to Oysters having asked me to clarify, then totally ignoring my response, not your lack of a response.

Oh, duh. I thought "Oysters, well-done" was in reference to my brain on drugs or something. I completely brain-farted out the part about it being the OP's nick. Dur.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 08:32:31 pm »
the wiki page says that glitter bombing is totally gay...

Dude, I've mentioned glitter bombs on here as early as like 2006 or some shit. The GLBT thing is recent.

Yes, the practice of using it as a political statement seems to have just popped up in the last couple of years. Before that it was mostly used to annoy friends, and has been around probably for as long as glitter has been around.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“All that goodness, with a frozen chicken in the middle.”
― Doktor Howl, 2014

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 08:35:12 pm »
I mean subversive in the fact that using them is contrary to mainstream principles, not that doing drugs is an anti-authoritarian type act.

Although I don't particularly buy into the idea that THEY (strike ominous piano chords) are purposely reaping the benefits of drug production, if that's what you are implying. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Um

It's right here in my Sociology textbook, as a matter of fact. "They" are.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

― Doktor Howl, 2014

Elder Iptuous

• Professional Discordian and Physiognomist
  • Deserved It
  • terribly tedious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »
like the Cascarones?
well when were they first used with the name 'glitter bomb'?

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 08:40:01 pm »
I mean subversive in the fact that using them is contrary to mainstream principles, not that doing drugs is an anti-authoritarian type act.

Although I don't particularly buy into the idea that THEY (strike ominous piano chords) are purposely reaping the benefits of drug production, if that's what you are implying. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Um

See, now you've gone and wrecked a perfectly good appeal to ridicule argument.

This is why we can't have nice things, Nigel.
"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space?"

Oysters Rockefeller

• Semi-professional professional
  • Outlandish
  • For no particular reason, beat up everyone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:43 pm »
First post has been edited to amend my drug stuff, add in posters for wiretaping and immgration, and add a cover, as Navkat suggested.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »
I absolutely love this questionnaire.

I think if it were presented in the form of "can't decide who to vote for this year? Take this simple quiz to find your true political leanings" could open a lot if peoples eyes.
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:10 pm »
like the Cascarones?
well when were they first used with the name 'glitter bomb'?

This post doesn't make sense to me. Glitter bombs and Cascarones?

I have no idea when they were first called glitter bombs. They've just always been called glitter bombs.

― Doktor Howl, 2014

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:31 pm »

Um

:lulz:

― Doktor Howl, 2014

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 09:50:54 pm »

Um

Nigel and herselves have WRECKED PD AGAIN!  :crankey:
"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »

Um

We can't help it. We're just born that way.

― Doktor Howl, 2014

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:58 pm »

Um

YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK!  SICK!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 09:57:41 pm »

Um

YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK!  SICK!!!

:thanks:

― Doktor Howl, 2014

GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327

• I do FN everything!
  • Known
    • View Profile
    • Discordia Culture Shop / Discordia Merchaindsing
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 12:45:33 am »
I like them how they are, the questions are way more 'subversive' than any recipe you can add to them, just slam them with the info and add more recipes for anything except explosives.

Then i would suggest you put these into a stack and see if some REALLY small press wants to publish them in Zine form. Otherwise just sell them for $1 on Amazon in a digital format!

Dont let these go to waste!

Also you can license them in creative commons/public domain/etc and make it clear you want peoplke to use them and add them to their own Discordian texts....

N E T

• !͉͍̟̙͚͙͚̝͈̹͎̟͕͖̭̬̑̆̾͛ͬͩ̉́̓͗̀̓ͤ̍ͫ̊̈̋́͟͝?̒͛͌̔͆&
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 05:39:20 am »
Then i would suggest you put these into a stack and see if some REALLY small press wants to publish them in Zine form. Otherwise just sell them for $1 on Amazon in a digital format!

Dont let these go to waste!

Also you can license them in creative commons/public domain/etc and make it clear you want peoplke to use them and add them to their own Discordian texts....

^^THAT.

I totally missed this thread, thanks for bumping it Gavriel.

Oysters, these are brilliant.
“It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs.” — J A C K   H A N D E Y

"Open your ass and your heart and mind will follow." — C H E S T E R   M A I N A R D