I have found that there are basically 5 different reactions to me, and to people like me. There are exceptions, of course, as there are exceptions to all human behavior. Note that this isn't butthurt being manifested; I have entirely too many pills in me to work up a good head of hate right now, so this is the perfect time to write this sort of thing. The larger implications are at the bottom.
1. Many people hate me outright. I am okay with this, as most of them are the kind of people that, if they LIKED me, I'd have to reevaluate the way I live my life. The common thread between them is that they have some sort of belief or "ism" that they follow, and I offend them by making fun of their "ism", or by treating it as irrelevant.
2. People who feel that I am the default bad guy in any altercation. Hilariously, some of the altercations that I am given the blame for are conversations in which I played no part at all, or merely posted in the same thread. This has always puzzled me, but I don't worry about it too much...After all, if I'm BAD and WRONG all the time, no matter what or even if I was not involved in the first place, then there's no sense whatsoever in trying to please this sort of person. Most of the time, this type of person behaves towards me as if I wasn't even a person myself.
3. People who feel that I am some sort of fucking guru. These people normally get up my ass more than the people who hate me. I am not some kind of fucking messiah (they're found in Southampton), just as I am not - I know this is a shock - responsible for All Bad Things. Typically, this sort of person eventually winds up swearing undying vengeance against me when I don't live up to their bizarre expectations.
4. People who need to prove the size of their e-penis by "taking me down". Tiresome. So tiresome, in fact, that there's nothing more to say than the fact that I laugh at this sort of tard.
5. Friends. I have a few of these, believe it or not. Interesting thing is, even my friends can or will only tolerate me in measured doses.
The larger picture here is that while this sort of shit may be a reflection on me, it is also a reflection on the people I'm talking about. In the first four cases, the people involved are using me as a drug. I am here to get them high, to entertain their minds for a while, so they can be spared the trouble of thinking...Much as Limbaugh fans HATE TEH LIBERALS, because it's easier than contemplating the massive complexities of modern society.
Do YOU have a drug? Is there some person or thing in your life that you project all your problems onto, to avoid the drudgery of actually trying to figure out what's going on? Can you admit - to yourself - that you have this sort of addiction? And if so, can you bring yourself to walk away from it, or are you merely going to spend the rest of your life in the monkeyhouse?
Okay for now,