Author Topic: Messages  (Read 1811 times)

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
Re: Messages
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »
Ahhh I forgot about that term. I'm not in a position to do it now, but I'd like to see that thread again. I have some ideas that I'd like to gel into an essay, but I'd also like to see what's already been written to help the ideas advance.

Probably ought to go get my windshield fixed first, though :lol:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,29003.0.html
"Man, there's nothin' to do in this stupid town rope swing's busted, stinking cops always kicking me out of the park manager of the 7-11 always says "get off my curb you good for nothing" all the girls already know I'm a bad kisser so they don't come anywhere near me I don't know how many times I've been to TGIF a kid can eat an onion bloom only so many times bowling's boring, the skating rink's been taken over by 12 year olds there ain't no good movies out, blockbuster never has any good games in I don't want to play Bombad Racing, I mean what the heck is that? I'm sick of all my records and every time I walk into a record store, I forget what I want to get and their ain't nothing on TV, not a stupid thing! There ain't nothing to do 'cept take naps and wait patiently for death!"
- Brak

Cainad (dec.)

• Houseplant Supreme
  • Deserved It
  • Ejection Seat Party Hat Issuance Officer
    • View Profile
    • Internet Forum Safari
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 03:47:45 pm »
Thanks. I've got some time to kill and this is a hell of a lot better than "Bejeweled" on an iPhone.

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 03:48:20 pm »
Thanks. I've got some time to kill and this is a hell of a lot better than "Bejeweled" on an iPhone.

Well, at least I have that going for me.   :lulz:
"Man, there's nothin' to do in this stupid town rope swing's busted, stinking cops always kicking me out of the park manager of the 7-11 always says "get off my curb you good for nothing" all the girls already know I'm a bad kisser so they don't come anywhere near me I don't know how many times I've been to TGIF a kid can eat an onion bloom only so many times bowling's boring, the skating rink's been taken over by 12 year olds there ain't no good movies out, blockbuster never has any good games in I don't want to play Bombad Racing, I mean what the heck is that? I'm sick of all my records and every time I walk into a record store, I forget what I want to get and their ain't nothing on TV, not a stupid thing! There ain't nothing to do 'cept take naps and wait patiently for death!"
- Brak

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 03:52:01 pm »
Dok Howl: "Better than a free smartphone app."
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »
Dok Howl: "Better than a free smartphone app."

Mother will be so proud!
- Brak

Cainad (dec.)

• Houseplant Supreme
  • Deserved It
  • Ejection Seat Party Hat Issuance Officer
    • View Profile
    • Internet Forum Safari
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 05:08:02 pm »
 :oops: Well if it makes you feel any better, it's also better than the Glamour magazines they have here... Wait, fuck :x I'm not very good at this.

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »
:oops: Well if it makes you feel any better, it's also better than the Glamour magazines they have here... Wait, fuck :x I'm not very good at this.

Doktor Howl:  Now better than Tiger Beat!
- Brak

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:26 pm »
Wait.  Better than Tiger Beat?

:cn:
LMNO
The Spider Project.

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
- Brak

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 05:14:30 pm »
But... One Direction is dreamy!
LMNO
The Spider Project.

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »
It occurs to me I'm acting like Apple Talk in Horrorology.  Apologies for the threadjack.
LMNO
The Spider Project.

Doktor Howl

• TUCSON RAIDER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • TUCSON RAIDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 05:16:37 pm »
It occurs to me I'm acting like Apple Talk in Horrorology.  Apologies for the threadjack.

S'ok.  We're all equally guilty.

Let's just keep this as our dirty little secret, shall we?
- Brak

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 05:20:52 pm »
But... One Direction is dreamy!

Ugh, now I know who One Direction is.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Danny Muffin

• Known
  • I masturbate furiously to a mirror. all day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »
This is interesting. There are a lot of messages being sent to us that people are unable or unwilling to hear. But there are also messages being sent that people want hear.

Some coworkers were talking (loudly and near my desk) about how much they loved the show Storage Wars and I started thinking about why reality TV is so popular. Aside from the fact they are relatively cheap to produce and people have been trained to gobble them up, they must be sending a message that people want to hear.

That message is a simple one: you can apply a narrative to life. Reality can be dramatized. The more mundane and commonplace the lives depicted on these shows, the more we are encouraged to creative a narrative for our own lives. Sure it takes a bit of creative editing- snip little bits here and there, give more weight to this or that, re-order a few events and ta-da! You’ve created the story of your life.

The problem is that given how prone to self-delusion people are, the narrative they create for themselves rarely resembles the reality they live in.

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »
Danny, you may want to thread dive and check out a thread called "Cressing".  I forget who wrote the OP, but I think you might dig it.
LMNO
The Spider Project.