Author Topic: UNLIMITED MADE WITH PRIDE IN THE USA APPRECIATION THREAD  (Read 1466 times)

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
Re: UNLIMITED MADE WITH PRIDE IN THE USA APPRECIATION THREAD
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 12:59:04 am »
If anybody can find those stats, I'd like to see them.

Google turns up a lot of articles, but I can't find the stats.

This link says we're exporting prison-made merchandise to China http://people.umass.edu/kastor/private/prison-labor.html

Here's the UNICOR site, and that's just federal prisons http://www.unicor.gov/
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

spaceboi

• Vine-swinger
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: UNLIMITED MADE WITH PRIDE IN THE USA THREAD
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 10:35:49 am »

I'M APPARENTLY A HUGE FAN OF MAKING REGRETTABLE DECISIONS, SO I NOW CHOOSE TO POST THIS REPLY:

i would have loved even the most meaningless task while in jail, i have to imagine prison is a way suckier version

Arizona sun, EOT.  Different ballgame entirely.

Not even the half of it. The bigger picture here is that when prison becomes profitable on both ends (selling products and services to the prisoners AND making them pay for those products and services through backbreaking, free labor), there's no compelling reason for them NOT to use power and influence to change laws and practices in ways that will scootch the margins over to include certain societal behaviors under the heading of "jailable offenses."

This is why even you are at risk of someday finding yourself serving 24 months to five years for "bullying," "stalking" or "terrorism" for trolling an internet forum or saying something clumsy in the breakroom at work. One day, your snarky comments about what ever dumbass made the coffee is something you've been doing for two years. The next day, you say it in front of the wrong person the morning after a special interest piece on "zero tolerance for office bullying" came on the local and you walk out of the building in cuffs.

And the funny thing about that is once the cuffs go on, your crdibility goes in the trash so no one gives a shit when you say "Can you believe this? This is crazy! I was JOKING!"

Of COURSE you'd deny it, you're a criminal.

GlompChomp

• LuciferX wuz here
  • Outlandish
  • yes.
    • View Profile
Re: UNLIMITED MADE WITH PRIDE IN THE USA APPRECIATION THREAD
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 11:18:04 pm »
Human enslavement, an old problem with a new face. Slave masters have to be clever.
widdly scuds

I stretch my penis in a saltwater toffee maker every Tuesday and Saturday.