Author Topic: Godsmancer  (Read 1355 times)

Placid Dingo

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Me!
Godsmancer
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »
Nil
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:05:14 pm by Placid Dingo »
If sheep entrails could in any way be related to the weather, i.e. sheep trails only originate where it rains, then you could use it as an accurate model for discerning what the weathers going to be like. Either, sheep shit makes it rain, or raining makes sheep shit. Sheep don't shit "randomly" sheep shit after they eat, it doesn't rain "randomly" it rains after water collects in the atmosphere.

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
Re: Godsmancer
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:33:57 pm »
Interesting... I like the "screams for attention" part. If gods were real, what assholes they would be...
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Kai

• A flea circus and
  • Deserved It
  • Richard Feynman fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 02:46:40 pm »
You got me, Placid. I need to know more about this world you're creating.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

a somewhat wiser Joe.

• PROFOUNDLY archaic 30sumthin'
  • Outlandish
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 07:58:53 pm »
Neato! You really know how to hook a plot Mr. Dingo.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

551 characters in my signature to go! Oh Joy!

Placid Dingo

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Me!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:44:22 am »
Thanks.

The main premise is of a world with multiple Gods interacting in human affairs. As a general rule the older the God, the more powerful and the less likely it is to directly intervene. The Godsmancer is the political figure who tries to interact and keep peace between religious groups. It's generally considered the worst job in the world as Gods are overwhelmingly indifferent to mortal laws.
If sheep entrails could in any way be related to the weather, i.e. sheep trails only originate where it rains, then you could use it as an accurate model for discerning what the weathers going to be like. Either, sheep shit makes it rain, or raining makes sheep shit. Sheep don't shit "randomly" sheep shit after they eat, it doesn't rain "randomly" it rains after water collects in the atmosphere.

Signora Pæsior

• International SlutLord; Promiscuous Advocate of Mischief
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 01:50:27 am »
This is really addictive writing. That's kind of the only way I can describe it.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Placid Dingo

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Me!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 02:00:30 am »
Nil
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:05:40 pm by Placid Dingo »

a somewhat wiser Joe.

• Outlandish
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 02:42:03 am »
Bravo Dingo.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

Placid Dingo

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Me!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 08:23:34 am »
Nil
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:06:01 pm by Placid Dingo »

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »
Thanks.

The main premise is of a world with multiple Gods interacting in human affairs. As a general rule the older the God, the more powerful and the less likely it is to directly intervene. The Godsmancer is the political figure who tries to interact and keep peace between religious groups. It's generally considered the worst job in the world as Gods are overwhelmingly indifferent to mortal laws.

That is a fantastic premise!
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Kai

• A flea circus and
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 02:17:26 am »
Thanks.

I love it and need more.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Placid Dingo

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Me!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:11 am »
Nil
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:06:24 pm by Placid Dingo »

Kai

• A flea circus and
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:02 pm »
Can't wait till he starts actually interacting with deities.

a somewhat wiser Joe.

• Outlandish
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 01:48:17 pm »
I really really like that you're alluding to existing tension among fictional religions. It gets the mind hungry for explanations and keeps the audience captive. The stories I'm building for Eris Erotica are mostly meant to parody existing belief systems. It takes real nuts to make em up on the fly.

Awesome work!

Placid Dingo

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Me!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 02:43:44 pm »
Nil
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:06:48 pm by Placid Dingo »