Author Topic: OMG Cain, lookit this  (Read 272 times)

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance Floor
  • Deserved It
  • Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance F
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: OMG Cain, lookit this
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:23:23 am »
Seems legit.
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 03:58:51 am »

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 05:47:36 am »
I think this line gives the game away:

"We’re not playing around here. This is a serious hedge fund, doing serious and big things. This isn’t a joke."

They are this generation's The Yes Men, and this is their first big troll.  Think about it: how else could someone manage such a perfect simulation of the financial world, with its youthful cluenessless, its grandiose claims backed up by little capital, its lies about who it knows and its possible illegality?  Even Goldman Sachs does not fit the stereotype perfectly, but they do.  Because they were intended to.

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 08:57:20 pm »

"We’re not playing around here. This is a serious hedge fund, doing serious and big things. This isn’t a joke."

They are this generation's The Yes Men, and this is their first big troll.  Think about it: how else could someone manage such a perfect simulation of the financial world, with its youthful cluenessless, its grandiose claims backed up by little capital, its lies about who it knows and its possible illegality?  Even Goldman Sachs does not fit the stereotype perfectly, but they do.  Because they were intended to.

Perhaps an email campaign is in order.  :lol:

― Assata Shaku

Internet Jesus

• Jesus did coke for your sins
  • Outlandish
  • Intellectually stunted man child in the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:42:31 pm »

Which is worse, that the author of the linked article takes these guys seriously, or that his first reaction isn't along the same lines as yours?

Have we all delved so far up our own assholes that in order to recognize parody, it has to be labeled as parody complete with a "Hi my name is PARODY" sticky name tag?

Fucking POE's Law.....
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

chimes

• (epimetheus, but epimetheus was an Accursed F5er)
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:51 pm »
Have we all delved so far up our own assholes that in order to recognize parody, it has to be labeled as parody complete with a "Hi my name is PARODY" sticky name tag?

I think it's just that reality outdoes parody each and every day.
what is this kid talking about?

post-singularity pocket orgasm toad of righteousness

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 06:50:03 pm »

Which is worse, that the author of the linked article takes these guys seriously, or that his first reaction isn't along the same lines as yours?

Fucking POE's Law.....

I think that what threw the author off is that he wasn't GOING to take it seriously, but then they kept playing it seriously. He was probably expecting them to go "OK, you got us! Hahahaha, we're pretty funny, right?" but they didn't. They stuck to their guns. :lol:

― Assata Shaku

Nigel

• in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »

This is also true.  :lol:

― Assata Shaku

Internet Jesus

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 07:07:56 pm »

I think that what threw the author off is that he wasn't GOING to take it seriously, but then they kept playing it seriously. He was probably expecting them to go "OK, you got us! Hahahaha, we're pretty funny, right?" but they didn't. They stuck to their guns. :lol:

That's why I'm glad I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of things.  Without any professional responsibility, I can just as easily brand things as either parody, or irresponsible fuckwits and move on.

Internet Jesus

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 07:08:32 pm »

This is true.  And why we need alien overlords to run things for a while.