Author Topic: HEY, THERE'S SOME OLD MAN BEATING UP SOME LITTLE KID ON MY TEEVEE!  (Read 929 times)

Cain

• Herma-mora-altadoon ae altadoon
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: HEY, THERE'S SOME OLD MAN BEATING UP SOME LITTLE KID ON MY TEEVEE!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 07:00:56 am »
This was always going to be brutal and massively unfair.  Ryan hasn't even ever debated at state level before, whereas Biden...yeah.
"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."
- R. Scott Bakker, The Darkness That Comes Before

Juana Go?

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 05:08:33 pm »
^^^Yeah. Biden's definitely slaughtering Eddie Munster.
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 05:39:51 pm »
This was always going to be brutal and massively unfair.  Ryan hasn't even ever debated at state level before, whereas Biden...yeah.

He knew the risks when he took the job.
"What can we do to help you stop screaming?"

Cain

• Herma-mora-altadoon ae altadoon
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »
Well, in this case, "brutal and unfair" are more descriptions than my feelings on the debate.  I can't say the result is gonna make me cry myself asleep at night at the sheer injustice of it all or anything.   Rather the opposite.
"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."
- R. Scott Bakker, The Darkness That Comes Before

Mangrove

• Founder of the David Foster Wallace Appreciation Society
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 06:54:52 pm »
I didn't see much of the debate. Tuned in at the precise moment the moderator asked Ryan if people in need of abortion services should be 'worried' if he gets elected and for him to go blah blah blah and totally avoid the question.

At this point, Mrs Mang yelled "ASSHOLE!" and went off to brush her teeth before turning in for the night.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.