Principia Discordia > RPG Ghetto

Spears of the Dawn, a DnD retroclone set in a faux medieval Africa

(1/2) > >>

Don Coyote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637945166/spears-of-the-dawn-rpg

--- Quote ---Spears of the Dawn is a new African-inspired fantasy role-playing game built with the free Stars Without Number game system. It contains all the tools and guidance players need to sample a pastiche of rich, delicious African-inspired fantasy gaming. From the very start, players can don the roles of praise-singing griots, holy marabouts, sorcerous ngangas, and cunning warriors, with these aspiring heroes banding together to face the innumerable perils of the Three Lands in search of glory and shining gold.
--- End quote ---

So this is a rather fortuitous find for me as I was thinking about making an medieval Africa based campaign.

Don Coyote:
Alpha playtest rules just got released to backers. The brief read through of the mechanics leaves with the impression of oDnD, as is intended, with some minor extras like skills.

Miley Spears:
This should have been called, "Britney Spears of the Dawn."  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger:

--- Quote from: Miley Spears on October 26, 2012, 06:09:38 pm ---This should have been called, "Britney Spears of the Dawn."  :lulz:

--- End quote ---

Thread split on request, Coyote.

President Television:

--- Quote from: American Jackal on October 24, 2012, 03:05:02 am ---Alpha playtest rules just got released to backers. The brief read through of the mechanics leaves with the impression of oDnD, as is intended, with some minor extras like skills.

--- End quote ---

I've always liked the idea of running an African DnD game, but I've never known enough about medieval African culture and mythology to do it. I'm glad this game's getting made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version