Author Topic: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain  (Read 1481 times)

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

  • La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 151554
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 03:15:15 am »
Go nuts.

Thanks!

And I think BH just likes the idea of a big old body pile.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

  • Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 34373
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 03:17:21 am »
Go nuts.

Thanks!

And I think BH just likes the idea of a big old body pile.  :x

Or of hurling Hispanic babies over the border fence.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

Nigel

  • in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 586734
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 04:25:19 am »
I tend to get idealist and do stupid things like vote for Ron Paul though. 

Tell us about that, BH...Which "ideals" of his do you support?  His racism?  His hatred for articles I, II, and VI of the US constitution?  His seemingly unlimited capacity for hucksterism?

Fucking chump.

Oh, wait.  Maybe you like his "ideals" like "brown babies can't be citizens" or "women are property".

It's probably that his self-loathing endorses the ideal of the uninsured like himself being allowed to die of preventable causes. Or maybe it's his schadenfreude for people who are employed but uninsured because our public policy has a huge gap for people who actually work but don't qualify for employer-based insurance, and because they work, don't qualify for medicaid.

"LOL, you worked, sucker, unlike me, and died of preventable causes anyway because you made too much money for Medicaid! If this were a Libertarian society, I would be rich instead of on Welfare! I'm superior because I'm a Libertarian on the Welfare teat!"
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

BabylonHoruv

  • Infectious Projectile Faecalator
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 38685
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 06:13:25 am »
It's more that he'd bring ideas to the table that the other candidates won't touch.  Sure, I disagree with 75% of what Ron Paul has to say, he is a republican, but the remaining 25% is stuff that no major party candidate would consider saying.  He's opposed to both the drug war and drone strikes.

I also can't see any of his really wacky ideas, like the gold standard or completely dismantling the social safety nets, actually happening.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

V3X

  • EISENHOWER 2012
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 24619
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 06:23:59 am »
It's more that he'd bring ideas to the table that the other candidates won't touch.  Sure, I disagree with 75% of what Ron Paul has to say, he is a republican, but the remaining 25% is stuff that no major party candidate would consider saying.  He's opposed to both the drug war and drone strikes.

I also can't see any of his really wacky ideas, like the gold standard or completely dismantling the social safety nets, actually happening.

The 25% of shit Ron Paul says that makes sense is more than covered by other fringe candidates who have zero chance of impacting an election. There are plenty of people to choose from to achieve the same net benefit of Ron Paul, without resorting to a racist old fuck like him.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nigel

  • in my oonlz
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 586734
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 10:30:57 am »
I also can't help wondering just how much of the "Democrats are ineffectual" narrative is what we're supposed to buy into. I'm guessing most of it. It's a two-man con, after all.
Tiny and Terrible Strap-On Fuckhorde of Tonight's Wrong Turn.

“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku