Author Topic: ITT, Holist demonstrates why his "English" is superior.  (Read 3288 times)

Dodo Argentino

• Deserved It
  • Whatever ain't what it used to be.
    • View Profile
    • futureupdate
Re: ITT, Holist demonstrates why his "English" is superior.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 06:09:17 am »
Yes, but I think the opposite may be true of Holist: he has delusions of grandeur.  :magick:

Nah. Through biological and social luck of the straw, I'm simply smarter than most of you.  :lulz:
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Your Mom

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 06:36:16 am »
Yes, but I think the opposite may be true of Holist: he has delusions of grandeur.  :magick:

Nah. Through biological and social luck of the straw, I'm simply smarter than most of you.  :lulz:

Classic  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 06:43:34 am »
Im a little confused as to what qualifies someone who admits that they dont speak english very well to assess the ability of a native english speaker to communicate properly in english? Unless holist somehow thinks that american english is inferior as a dialect?
Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Your Mom

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 06:47:10 am »
Im a little confused as to what qualifies someone who admits that they dont speak english very well to assess the ability of a native english speaker to communicate properly in english? Unless holist somehow thinks that american english is inferior as a dialect?

Nothing. And even if he thinks American English is an inferior dialect, that has no bearing on the ability of American English speakers to communicate with other American English speakers. He is just intent on making himself look ever more like an ass.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:21 am »
I figured. Just thought it was worth noting. :)
Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dodo Argentino

• Deserved It
  • Whatever ain't what it used to be.
    • View Profile
    • futureupdate
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 10:19:52 pm »

Actually, you are just a little confused. Full stop.  :lulz:

I have not admitted that I don't speak English very well. And the reason for that is that I actually do speak English very well.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 10:28:05 pm »
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Nigel shold be PAID to do this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 10:54:04 pm »
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Yes, she should.

I would in fact pay one of the Nigels to follow me around with a sock full of sand, and everytime I act in any way like Holist, she'd whack me on the side of the head.

"What can we do to help you stop screaming?"

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »
We need a grant proposal.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Choppas an' Sluggas

• DAKKA! DAKKA! WAAAGH! WAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

It's "luck of the draw," holist.
Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial increases in corpse production.

Don Coyote

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:43 pm »

:lulz:
This spot for rent

Luna

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:32 am »
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Yes, she should.

I would in fact pay one of the Nigels to follow me around with a sock full of sand, and everytime I act in any way like Holist, she'd whack me on the side of the head.

I think there's a franchise opportunity, here...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Kai

• A flea circus and
  • Deserved It
  • Richard Feynman fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:38 am »

I can't write a QED big enough.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Your Mom

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 01:55:18 am »
Yep. Dunning Kruger.

Yes, she should.

:lulz:

― Assata Shaku

Your Mom

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:17 am »

:lulz: No, as a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN, because he's Holist. :lulz:

― Assata Shaku