Principia Discordia > The Richard Nixon school of ballet and the arts

An insufficiently deep introspection by a capricious and mercurial 20-something.

<< < (2/15) > >>

Elder Iptuous:
ymmv=your mileage my vary
yeah...i may be using the term 'meaning' loosely.  but, it's kind of a loose word, anyways, i think.
if it gives you any comfort, i'd be happy.  :)

AFK:

--- Quote from: Richter, Baron von on November 02, 2012, 10:49:29 pm ---If there was nothing there anyways, well then it's still the better for having explored it.

--- End quote ---

Indeed.  Our individual lives mean jack shit on a global level, even less when you zoom out to the cosmos and surrounding environs.  All the more reason to be selfish and make sure you get the most out of it for yourself.  We are but a blink of an eye for Father Time, but throw some lemonade in his eyes, and make it one fucking HILARIOUS blink.

Freeky Queen of DERP:

--- Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 02, 2012, 11:25:34 pm ---All the more reason to be selfish and make sure you get the most out of it for yourself.

--- End quote ---

Hm, I disagree with this, sort of.  For myself, anyway.  That could easily excuse the worst of behaviors people can inflict on other people, and in some cases, Libertarians.

Freeky Queen of DERP:

--- Quote ---If we look at the  universe as devoid of gods, spirits, morality or higher purpose, just a cold wiff of spinning complications of hydrogen, then what is there to move ourselves by?  It's a lonely view.
--- End quote ---

There is certainly morality, I think.  Unless you mean is the universe is inherently moral?  In which case, no I don't think there is.  No evidence, just a feeling. 

I don't think it's so lonely, if a person focuses on things that mean something to them.  SCIENCE! works great for some people, and I'm glad you've found something there that keeps you going. :D

Freeky Queen of DERP:

--- Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 02, 2012, 10:51:23 pm ---ymmv=your mileage my vary

if it gives you any comfort, i'd be happy.  :)

--- End quote ---

Ah good.  On both counts. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version