Author Topic: Election Night. Gimme My Fix.  (Read 6226 times)

The Suu

• The Goddamn Industry Professional Who
  • Deserved It
  • Heartless and regal murderess of the intertubes.
    • View Profile
Re: Election Night. Gimme My Fix.
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:54 pm »
There seems to be an interesting conceit that Obama gets 95-97% of the black vote because blacks are the real racists, voting for one of their own over the best candidate.

Except, uh, this is the exact same percentage of black voters who vote for Democrats in every Presidential election.  LRN 2 POLISCI, RACIST-N00BS

That's because the blacks are getting free phones.

Or something.

I dunno.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Suu

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2012, 05:47:42 pm »
BEST LOL EVER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoqti0lzAw&list=UUXMAhWuXdTCH9iE69YPmGFA

24 minutes of no video. Just listening to some white trash woman go off.  :lulz: If I wanted that, I'd just call my aunt.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2012, 05:48:44 pm »
There seems to be an interesting conceit that Obama gets 95-97% of the black vote because blacks are the real racists, voting for one of their own over the best candidate.

Except, uh, this is the exact same percentage of black voters who vote for Democrats in every Presidential election.  LRN 2 POLISCI, RACIST-N00BS

That's because the blacks are getting free phones.

Or something.

I dunno.

"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."
- R. Scott Bakker, The Darkness That Comes Before

The Good Reverend Roger

• Dirtbag
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2012, 05:54:27 pm »
I gotta say, the best butthurt of the entire election is over at freerepublic.com.

"What can we do to help you stop screaming?"

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »
It always is.

I'll see if I can sign up as L30n Tr0tsky and mock them again.
"The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before? Only the Logos allows one to mitigate that slavery. Only knowing the sources of thought and action allows us to own our thoughts and our actions, to throw off the yoke of circumstance."

Tiddleywomp Cockletit

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2012, 06:17:07 pm »
OOOOOH. YES.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Emo Howard

• Beep Boop Boop
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2012, 07:42:23 pm »

The Right Reverend Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »
I gotta say, the best butthurt of the entire election is over at freerepublic.com.

First post I saw:

This is a time for Howard Roarke, not Henry Reardon (yet)
Thu Nov 8 14:00:59 2012 · by HannibalHamlinJr
self / The Fountainhead | self | self
Hey team - I'm going to make a suggestion. That now is not the time to be sloppily bandying about Atlas Shrugged. It's a pretty clear concept, and I don't think it's good to be calling 'not buying newspapers' the same thing as 'shrugging.' It's the left's job to mutiliate words and concepts, not ours. But instead of harping on that, I'm going to take another road. "I don't believe it matters to me- that they're going to destroy it. Maybe it hurts so much that I don't even know I'm hurt. But I don't think so. If you want...
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

Mangrove

• Founder of the David Foster Wallace Appreciation Society
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-race-slipped-away-from-romney.html

Ohhh....now wait a minute...

"More than that, Mr. Romney had spent so much money winning the nomination that he was low on cash; aides, seeing the problem taking shape, had once considered accepting federal financing for the campaign rather than rely on private donations."

So the 'successful businessman' representing that party that constantly reminds us of how bad the govt is and how it hurts free enterprise, considered getting funding from the uhh....federal government.

Well, if someone can constantly twist themselves into so many ideological positions, perhaps Mr Romney can find work as a yoga teacher?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

• Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »
The Freepers are also convinced Obama conned and vote-stuffed his way to electoral victory.

Their evidence?  Obama did not win states with strict voter ID laws.

Of course, that voter ID laws are the bugbear of Republican politicians, which would require a mostly Republican state to pass, meaning most of the state is ideologically predisposed to dislike Obama and not vote for him, is apparently not what happened at all, oh no.  Also no evidence of pro-Obama states in the last election that suddenly turned Republican due to voter ID.

The Suu

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:20 am »
Huh, that's funny.

RI has voter ID laws, and he won our state by like, 70%.

AFK

• We all
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
Somewhat more importantly...

Marijuana legalization won in Colorado, with 50,000 more votes than Obama.  Massachusetts legalized medical pot. Washington legalized pot AND gay marriage. Detroit decriminalized pot. A few other places either legalized gay marriage or at least prevented pre-emptive gay marriage bans.

The less people that get put in prison as a result of the drug war (which Obama has ramped up since the Bush years) the better, since said war has an incredibly outsized impact on minorities and the poorest segments of society.

I get chronic pains in various parts of my body.

I should mention this to my doctor.

If Mass's law is set up anything like Maine's, you should have no problem whatsoever.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2012, 03:01:34 am »
Somewhat more importantly...

Marijuana legalization won in Colorado, with 50,000 more votes than Obama.  Massachusetts legalized medical pot. Washington legalized pot AND gay marriage. Detroit decriminalized pot. A few other places either legalized gay marriage or at least prevented pre-emptive gay marriage bans.

The less people that get put in prison as a result of the drug war (which Obama has ramped up since the Bush years) the better, since said war has an incredibly outsized impact on minorities and the poorest segments of society.

I get chronic pains in various parts of my body.

I should mention this to my doctor.

If Mass's law is set up anything like Maine's, you should have no problem whatsoever.

Law's only a day old sir.

Anyway, meant to be more of a joke than anything else, even though I actually do have chronic pain (I suck it up, attacks usually only last a couple of minutes) and I enjoy a bit of the shmoke. I'll wait for full legalization if I can, since I can buy alcohol, which, judging from the progression of marijuana legislation here should be in 2020. Considering that I only smoke about twice a year, I can risk getting the equivalent of 8 traffic tickets between now and then.
Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn

• Deserved It
  • DEATH METAL ENGLISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2012, 03:05:14 am »
It did just occur to me though, that I haven't smoked at all in 2012, unless that time that I smoked in winter was in January.
Steely-Eyed Replicant Frottage Master of Yesterday's Lost Glory
Sentence or sentence fragment pending[/size]

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Suu

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2012, 03:08:11 am »
PopeTom and I just had a revelation.

Karl Rove spend 365 million dollars on his failed Super-PAC.

There are 311 million people in the US.

He could have given EVERY CENSUSED AMERICA A DOLLAR AND A QUARTER.
 :horrormirth:

*EDITED FOR FAILMATH*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:11:58 am by Suu »