Author Topic: Election Night. Gimme My Fix.  (Read 6212 times)

The Right Reverend Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
Re: Election Night. Gimme My Fix.
« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2012, 06:08:06 pm »
I think I found me my Christmas unbeliever. Pickles the Clown, host of Fight Night, also does not celebrate the holiday, and instead likes to spend it drinking at his house watching TV.

:awesome:
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

• Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »
It pleases me that corporate-owned food chains have really crappy food, which means I'd never go there in the first place.  Easiest. Boycott. Ever.
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Juana Go?

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2012, 03:01:02 pm »
I think I found me my Christmas unbeliever. Pickles the Clown, host of Fight Night, also does not celebrate the holiday, and instead likes to spend it drinking at his house watching TV.

:awesome:
I look forward to moving out, hopefully far enough away that I am not forced to celebrate it. The only semi-redeeming thing about the holiday season is pecan puffs
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

Juana Go?

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2012, 03:02:22 pm »
Boycotting them won't really hurt employees, though, because people who won't eat there will simply eat elsewhere and the jobs will be redistributed.

My thought is that if everyone who isn't eating there anymore sent the CEO a dime, he would have a physical manifestation of how much business he was losing. It would be a satisfyingly insulting way of flipping him off. :lol:
DUDE. I like that idea.

Corporate headquarters:

John Schatter
2002 Papa John's Blvd
Louisville, KY USA 40299
This afternoon, I will find a dime for every time in the last five years we have gotten pizza from the local chain instead of them.
“Call me sentimental, but there’s no-one in the world that I’d like to see get dysentery more than you.” — David Nicholls (One Day)

The Right Reverend Nigel

• Deserved It
  • v=1/3πr2h
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2012, 04:12:00 am »
I am not sure they even have them in Portland, so I've never been there, but I will send them a single, symbolic dime in the morning.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

“People get used to anything. The less you think about your oppression, the more your tolerance for it grows. After a while, people just think oppression is the normal state of things. But to become free, you have to be acutely aware of being a slave.”
― Assata Shaku

SexyFish

• Known & Noted
  • whaddup
    • View Profile
    • tumblr~!!
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2013, 02:58:44 am »
): ): ): ): ):
<3