Author Topic: Gold Discordian Sigil Buttons  (Read 16211 times)

Q. G. Pennyworth

• Slimy Thing Who
  • Deserved It
  • QUEEN BITCH OF FLYERS
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Discordian Sigil Buttons
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2014, 06:56:32 pm »
Sometimes they're pretty?

I've seen aesthetically-pleasing bird droppings.  For the record.

And you didn't post them because?
Overheating Pheremone Pustule of Last Saturday's Jiggle Fun| _xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 131, this should never happen.

Don't fucking judge me, I've got tentacles for a face.

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »
Sometimes they're pretty?

I've seen aesthetically-pleasing bird droppings.  For the record.

And you didn't post them because?

You wanna fap, you go find your own.  :tgrr:
"THUS SPAKE THE DESERT PROPHET ROGER, HIS EYES AGLAZE, HIS BALLS AFIRE, HIS HAIR RECEEDED DUE TO YOUR INABILITY TO SHUT UP"
- Junkenstien

"Locals and authorities are quick to act on suspicions that wartime arms may be lurking in their midst. Even police were convinced by one elderly German who reported finding an old bomb in his backyard, only for bomb clearance staff to conclude that the item was, in fact, a zucchini."
- Newsweek, 8/9/18

Hoopla

• gives people the beeps, and most certainly
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2014, 07:04:51 pm »
Sincere question for you though: What is it that makes so many people think that Discordianism, a religion that is founded on the principle of making light of superstition and religious beliefs, is a good go-to for expressing their superstitions and religious beliefs? It's not just you, it happens all the time. Are people confusing Discordianism and chaos magick?

Chaos magic is linked with Discordianism, so there's that. That doesn't necessarily mean discordianism is linked to chaos magic, though.
“Soon all of us will have special names” — Professor Brian O’Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes" — Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2014, 07:18:33 pm »
Sincere question for you though: What is it that makes so many people think that Discordianism, a religion that is founded on the principle of making light of superstition and religious beliefs, is a good go-to for expressing their superstitions and religious beliefs? It's not just you, it happens all the time. Are people confusing Discordianism and chaos magick?

Chaos magic is linked with Discordianism, so there's that. That doesn't necessarily mean discordianism is linked to chaos magic, though.

:lulz: Chaos magicians seem to perhaps not be the sharpest tools in the shed, given that Discordianism is kind of explicitly about making fun of that shit.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2014, 07:18:46 pm »

Yep. 
"THUS SPAKE THE DESERT PROPHET ROGER, HIS EYES AGLAZE, HIS BALLS AFIRE, HIS HAIR RECEEDED DUE TO YOUR INABILITY TO SHUT UP"
- Junkenstien

"Locals and authorities are quick to act on suspicions that wartime arms may be lurking in their midst. Even police were convinced by one elderly German who reported finding an old bomb in his backyard, only for bomb clearance staff to conclude that the item was, in fact, a zucchini."
- Newsweek, 8/9/18

Hoopla

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2014, 07:30:53 pm »

:lulz: Chaos magicians seem to perhaps not be the sharpest tools in the shed, given that Discordianism is kind of explicitly about making fun of that shit.

Oh yeah. These are also the people who try to conjur up Lovecrafts fictions, and consider Coca-Cola a powerful demon.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes" — Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »

Oh yeah. These are also the people who try to conjur up Lovecrafts fictions, and consider Coca-Cola a powerful demon.

WHAT? Why???
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”

Hoopla

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2014, 07:38:48 pm »
Maybe we need to start pointing out that these yabbos are eating the menu. Use language they understand, since plain English seems to be failing.

Hoopla

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2014, 07:39:50 pm »

WHAT? Why???

It's an egregore. I'm being a little colorful by describing it as a demon, but not by much.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2014, 07:53:45 pm »

WHAT? Why???

It's an egregore. I'm being a little colorful by describing it as a demon, but not by much.

That doesn't even MAKE SENSE. It's a beverage. The Kool-Aid Man would make sense, but Coca-Cola? :lulz:

Hoopla

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2014, 08:00:48 pm »

WHAT? Why???

That doesn't even MAKE SENSE. It's a beverage. The Kool-Aid Man would make sense, but Coca-Cola? :lulz:

Well, not the actual drink itself, exactly, but.. like... the idea of Coke. That's the egregore.

Sorry I'm not explaining this well but im at work and typing on my phone.

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2014, 09:20:53 pm »
In CM, concepts have a sort of "spirit", and by focusing on representative objects, concentrate the will of the magician in order to manipulate (or be manipulated by) the spirit in question.

Which means there's an egregore of Kleenex out there. As well as one of Tampax.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2014, 09:26:29 pm »
In CM, concepts have a sort of "spirit", and by focusing on representative objects, concentrate the will of the magician in order to manipulate (or be manipulated by) the spirit in question.

And my ass.
- Junkenstien

- Newsweek, 8/9/18

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »

WHAT? Why???

Well, not the actual drink itself, exactly, but.. like... the idea of Coke. That's the egregore.

Sorry I'm not explaining this well but im at work and typing on my phone.

No, I get you... it's just so profoundly stupid that my eyes rolled back into my head for a second.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2014, 09:43:15 pm »

And this is why my spirit animal is Egg.

WHICH IS AT LEAST A THING THAT'S ALIVE.