Author Topic: Unified Vidya Games thread  (Read 48983 times)

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
Re: Unified Vidya Games thread
« Reply #660 on: November 19, 2017, 01:22:40 pm »
It's just odd that this is the tipping point for gamer outrage, like hey it's okay to throw us over a barrel with loot boxes, half finished games, rushed AAA titles, main game content withheld as DLC, dishonest gameplay trailers and promises - but don't withhold Darth Vader.

If it were a legitimate push to be smarter consumers I'd be all for it. By all means let's stop pre-ordering everything and quit buying games just because that's what everybody else is playing. But the demand here seems to be to have our hype based game grabs fulfilled without condition.

This is why I only play single player games that are 2-5 years old and I buy on sale. Witcher 3 is going great, everyone, really loving the Blood and Wine expansion.
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 19, 2017, 08:42:53 pm »
I think I picked up Witcher 3 for like, 5 on Steam a while back.  Should actually give it a try, since my GPU can now probably handle it.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 19, 2017, 09:14:32 pm »
Well worth it, even if it turns the gpu into a hot air soldering gun. Favourite game of the last few years.

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2017, 11:51:23 am »
I think I picked up Witcher 3 for like, 5 on Steam a while back.  Should actually give it a try, since my GPU can now probably handle it.

The first two are good, not as polished (lol) but are worth a playthrough just to get involved in the world. Then Witcher 3 happened. I don't know what the fuck went on with CD Projekt Red between two and three, but I hope they can keep the magic going with Cyberpunk 2077.

I think you'd really appreciate the story of all three. There's a lot of political maneuvering, everybody operates in grey areas, and seemingly minor decisions have a tendency come back later with significant consequences.
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 23, 2017, 04:09:13 am »
Once I get bored with ESO I will put it on my list.  That day may be coming somewhat soon....I've played a lot lately, but I've reached a point where the research traits and smithing grind is starting to hit hard.  The Dark Brotherhood assassination grind is starting to grate.  Cadwell's Silver was starting to grate, but I blame that on the terrible design of the Aldmeri Dominion, which is 90% forests and green fields, and has an utterly uncompelling character in Queen Ayrenn, the Leroy Jenkins of the Altmer race.  At least I get to do the Ebonheart Pact next...definitely the best atmosphere of all the alliances, you feel like you're actually a soldier, and the Dunmer show they do not fuck around when it comes to war.  Though going to Skyrim will suck...

Doktor Howl

• SHIT FIXER
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 24, 2017, 04:04:57 am »
Just started playing Hearts of Iron IV.

:crankey:

I fucking hate everything.  But I burned down France with my Italian hordes before the British showed up and kicked my shit all sideways.