Author Topic: (((Puppet strings))): the thread, the job, the lifestyle  (Read 826 times)

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Re: (((Puppet strings))): the thread, the job, the lifestyle
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 09:46:04 pm »
And the responses have confirmed my suspicions.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:47:52 pm by Pope Pelvis Flirtini »
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hoopla

• gives people the beeps
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 09:56:12 pm »
He's very much above condemning nazis. He's super edgy that way.
"Soon, all of us will have special names." -Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." -Bob Dylan?

"I contradict myself?  Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes."  -Walt Whitman

PoFP

• Word-Salad Enthusiast and Terrified Meat Sack
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 10:37:33 pm »
And the responses have confirmed it for me.

:lulz: :lulz:

Instead of just making snide remarks and attacking arguments without formulating your own, why don't you make a thread explaining the true fault of America's corruption?

Let me guess, we're "not worth your time," or some other such bullshit? But you'll continue to attack our arguments with non-arguments for the foreseeable future because you're actually a :troll:
Listen carefully. I don't have much time, and I only have 462 characters left. I'm a scientist from Area 52 (Area 51 was used to draw attention from Area 52, where the aliens were ACTUALLY stored) who was working on neural interfacing with networked devices. In an experiment gone wrong, I accidentally uploaded my mind to the internet. In the 2 seconds I had before my mind scrambled itself with the world's network traffic, I was able to store this snippet in this random internet signature. If you're reading this, let the world know tha

Hoopla

• gives people the beeps
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 10:46:17 pm »
This is likely all a sociological experiment.
"Soon, all of us will have special names." -Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." -Bob Dylan?

"I contradict myself?  Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes."  -Walt Whitman

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 11:08:48 pm »

No, the results are far too predictable for that.
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »

And we're doing EXACTLY what he thought we would!   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 11:27:48 pm »
I saw that Elvis had posted in the thread, and before I clicked on it, I said to myself "I bet it's a condescending rant about how everybody is stupid except him."

Pretty much.  He's dead boring.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 12:29:50 am »

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 02:10:14 am »
Okay, thread wrecked. 

Another admin, can I have a split?  Right from fuckhead's first comment.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 02:17:11 am »
Done

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile

Pope Pelvis Flirtini

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 03:02:45 am »

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 11:19:19 pm »

Ooh, fun fact! That ostrich is actually turning eggs it's put in that hole. If they want to hide they actually just lie down.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 11:30:04 pm »

Aw. You should take a nap if you're tired!  :)
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in