Author Topic: A neophyte  (Read 604 times)

Saint Benadryl

• Known
    • View Profile
A neophyte
« on: September 10, 2017, 08:15:00 pm »
Hi all,

I am here to find my way out of (into?) an existential crisis. I believe this is the only religion that has nothing to teach me, so naturally I am here to learn. I bought a copy of the Principia Discordia on Amazon because I was enjoying the parts I read online.

I'm kind of having a hard time with life right now, and interacting with Discordianism is making me feel a little better. Just wanted to say hi before I contribute anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: A neophyte
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 10:53:19 pm »
Hi all,

I am here to find my way out of (into?) an existential crisis. I believe this is the only religion that has nothing to teach me, so naturally I am here to learn. I bought a copy of the Principia Discordia on Amazon because I was enjoying the parts I read online.

I'm kind of having a hard time with life right now, and interacting with Discordianism is making me feel a little better. Just wanted to say hi before I contribute anything.

We kind of advise that everyone own a copy of the Principia, but for fuck's sake don't bother reading that piece of crap.  It has two (2) good ideas surrounded by bad clip art and dadaist nonsense.  It drives us all to bad crank and poor behavior.

That being said, hello and welcome aboard.  Pool used to be on the roof, but photobucket and/or Imgur killed it.  Don't listen to Faust or EoC, they are bad people.  You can trust me, thought, they call me The Captain and I drop the beats.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:48:49 am »
hey new guy.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

tyrannosaurus vex

• a gas giant of idiots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:36:43 am »
IT'S A TRAP WATCH OUT NEW PERSON
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:37:32 am »
IT'S A TRAP WATCH OUT NEW PERSON

Pay no attention to our pal, here.  He's hysterical, on account of too many rounds of the biscuit game, and needs his medicine.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:04 am »
i stayed for the bad clip art and dadaist nonsense
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

tyrannosaurus vex

• a gas giant of idiots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 04:54:46 am »
i stayed for the bad clip art and dadaist nonsense
you're the wrong kind of discordian, though.
i mean, your name even says so.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 05:59:23 am »
that's better than a REALLY REAL Discordian, though, right?
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:44 am »
hello.
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoomô
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 01:03:35 pm »
Hey there!  Sorry to hear life is giving you problems.

Cramulus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • Cramul.us
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 01:09:09 pm »
Hi all,

Hi, welcome. The Principia has gotten me through some trash too. Glad you're feeling better-ish? let us know if we can help with the existential crisis.

really sorry to hear about your cat's penis

Hoopla

• gives people the beeps
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 04:24:20 pm »
I'm not sorry to hear about your cat's penis, but welcome anyway.
"Soon, all of us will have special names." -Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." -Bob Dylan?

"I contradict myself?  Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes."  -Walt Whitman

PoFP

• Word-Salad Enthusiast and Terrified Meat Sack
  • Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
I'm kind of having a hard time with life right now, and interacting with Discordianism is making me feel a little better.

Ah, I remember my first night with the Five Fingered Hand of Eris...

I'd recommend you take it slow. Adding more than one finger at a time may cause anal fissures.
Listen carefully. I don't have much time, and I only have 462 characters left. I'm a scientist from Area 52 (Area 51 was used to draw attention from Area 52, where the aliens were ACTUALLY stored) who was working on neural interfacing with networked devices. In an experiment gone wrong, I accidentally uploaded my mind to the internet. In the 2 seconds I had before my mind scrambled itself with the world's network traffic, I was able to store this snippet in this random internet signature. If you're reading this, let the world know tha

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 01:22:52 am »
Hi all,

Hi, welcome. The Principia has gotten me through some trash too. Glad you're feeling better-ish? let us know if we can help with the existential crisis.

really sorry to hear about your cat's penis

(Cram doesn't actually care about your cat's penis.  He's a whore for glitter, and any excuse will do.)

Ziegejunge

• Suffers from occasional lucid moments
  • Outlandish
  • Bitten by a radioactive SPAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 04:07:37 pm »
Welcome!

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear," and all that rigmarole. Hope you're able to work through whatever it is that life is throwing at ya.