Author Topic: Where does Discordianism stand compared to the others?  (Read 1096 times)

LMNO

• Lubricated and Rabid Lungfish of Impending Sexdoom™
  • Deserved It
  • Internet Fuckweasel of Haunted Pork Dimensions.
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Re: Where does Discordianism stand compared to the others?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 12:54:06 pm »
Discordia is an excuse to Do Things.

This is my new short-term personal mantra.

The Wizard Joseph

• Tryna transcend duality or whatever
  • Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:47 pm »
Discordianism is all about understanding the world the way it really is, and then horse-laughing at the Buddhists for being schmucks.

Sooo... Zen  :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
 - Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

• Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:48 pm »
Discordianism is the sound of 3 hands clapping

Discordianism is the Back Hand Path. Don't misunderstand this as meaning that it hits you with the back of the hand, it hits you with the hand growing out of your back

Discordianism doesn't stand compared to anything, it lies supine on a rocket powered unicycle and hopes neither for the best or the worst, but for the messiest

Discordianism is the snack that smiles back until it bites your head off

Discordianism is what happens when you look into a scrying glass, only to find out that what you see is the observer

Discordianism is the forkful of salt that quenches your thirst

Discordianism is that joyous state of being where it's too cold to go without a blanket, but the blanket makes you uncomfortably warm

Discordianism is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Discordia is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad

Dig it
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

The Wizard Joseph

• Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 08:52:22 pm »
Discordia is an excuse to Do Things.

Hail Eris, I needed to hear that today  :fnord:

Me toofnord