Author Topic: Blowin' in the wind.  (Read 3367 times)

deet

  • Outlandish
  • ***
  • Posts: 1687
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:28:36 pm »
Do I want to be the first to make this comparison? No, but I will.
Do you want to read it? It may anger you.

This is insensitive, and uncaring. I am not. I apologize in advance, and if you are emotionally affected by Hurricane Katrina, this is the kind of thing that will make your blood boil,


New Orleans is blowin' in the wind.
Just like Haiti, last year.
Yeah, I said it.

Georgie and Katrina,
 blowin' over trees...
Trees where cities used to be.

Georgie and Katrina,
 blowin' over trees...
Have you helped a refugee?

All walls have two sides.

The Good Reverend Roger

  • Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 34329
    • View Profile
Re: Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 10:43:00 pm »
Quote from: ethosion
Do I want to be the first to make this comparison? No, but I will.
Do you want to read it? It may anger you.

This is insensitive, and uncaring. I am not. I apologize in advance, and if you are emotionally affected by Hurricane Katrina, this is the kind of thing that will make your blood boil,


New Orleans is blowin' in the wind.
Just like Haiti, last year.
Yeah, I said it.

Georgie and Katrina,
 blowin' over trees...
Trees where cities used to be.

Georgie and Katrina,
 blowin' over trees...
Have you helped a refugee?



Nope.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

deet

  • Outlandish
  • ***
  • Posts: 1687
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 10:58:30 pm »
I agree.
All walls have two sides.

unlike_someone

  • Outlandish
  • ***
  • Posts: 2080
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 11:10:08 pm »
I am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...
- some inertly chaotic chick

   "I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

The Good Reverend Roger

  • Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 34329
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 11:14:35 pm »
Quote from: unlike_someone
I am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...


This might make me sound like a jerk, but the only thing that bothers me about NO is that Verthaine is missing.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

unlike_someone

  • Outlandish
  • ***
  • Posts: 2080
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 11:17:07 pm »
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: unlike_someone
I am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...


This might make me sound like a jerk, but the only thing that bothers me about NO is that Verthaine is missing.


It doesn't make you sound like a jerk, just like most of the world. It's just news unless someone you know is involved.
- some inertly chaotic chick

   "I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

The Good Reverend Roger

  • Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 34329
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 11:26:01 pm »
Quote from: unlike_someone
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: unlike_someone
I am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...


This might make me sound like a jerk, but the only thing that bothers me about NO is that Verthaine is missing.


It doesn't make you sound like a jerk, just like most of the world. It's just news unless someone you know is involved.


Geez...I could almost be...a REPUBLICAN! :lol:
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

gnimbley

  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 4161
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 01:41:41 am »
You are a Republican. Don't you read your own rants?

Oh. You meant that other kind of Republican. Sorry. My bad.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 14854
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 02:46:25 am »
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: unlike_someone
I am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...


This might make me sound like a jerk, but the only thing that bothers me about NO is that Verthaine is missing.


Nah, not really.  But remember the details anyway.  The details will come in handy at election time. :twisted:

The Good Reverend Roger

  • Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 34329
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 05:01:13 am »
Quote from: gnimbley
You are a Republican. Don't you read your own rants?

Oh. You meant that other kind of Republican. Sorry. My bad.


Yeah, that's gonna cause some confusion among the Brits. :lol:
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

AFK

  • We all
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 73111
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 04:29:30 pm »
It's also a reminder that if a Hurricane comes your way, or any other natural disaster, terrorist attack, locust plague, Ashlee Simpson concert, that you are fucking on your own.  Don't count on any other help than the two hands attached to your arms.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO, PhD (life continues)

  • Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance Floor
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 81005
  • Unregulated & Horribly Oily Piranha of the Dance F
    • View Profile
    • Earfatigue Productions: When it has to sound like you give a shit.
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 06:21:27 pm »
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?
It's also a reminder that if a Hurricane comes your way, or any other natural disaster, terrorist attack, locust plague, Ashlee Simpson concert, that you are fucking on your own.  Don't count on any other help than the two hands attached to your arms.


Which kinda sucks for those who got completely fucked by this class-striated economy, and who can't affort a car, or gas if they did, or a bus ticket, or even a place to go.

Quote from: The gub-ment
Whaddaya mean an evacuation plan has to account for mass transit?  Why don't they all just gas up their SUV's and stay at they summer cottages?
LMNO
Pope/Wrought Iron Instigator
First Church of Last Exit Before Toll
The Spider Project.

Buy the Chao te Ching, or be doomed forever.

http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/marburger/index.shtml

"Get offa me, you freaks!  This is not North Korea.  No.  This is America, and I expect to be PAID for that sort of nonsense.  In advance.  No credit...Cash on the barrelhead or GTFO.  I swear to God, there's nothing more annoying than commie perverts who don't understand the intrinsic value of the free market system."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

  • The
  • Mods
  • Deserved It
  • ***
  • Posts: 48328
    • View Profile
    • .
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 04:54:24 am »
Quote from: The gub-ment
Whaddaya mean an evacuation plan has to account for mass transit?  Why don't they all just gas up their SUV's and stay at they summer cottages?


This is the correct Dole.

The Good Reverend Roger

  • Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • **
  • Posts: 34329
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 05:01:45 am »
Quote from: LMNO

Quote from: The gub-ment
Whaddaya mean an evacumation plan has to accountable for massive transmit?  Why don't they all just gas up their SUV's and stay at they summer cottages?


Translated.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

AFK

  • We all
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 73111
    • View Profile
Blowin' in the wind.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 12:17:39 pm »
Quote from: LMNO

Which kinda sucks for those who got completely fucked by this class-striated economy, and who can't affort a car, or gas if they did, or a bus ticket, or even a place to go.


Which means we need to start a constitutional amendment mandating that every man, woman, and child is supplied with their very own rocket pack.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.