Now, first and foremost, The Good Reverend doesn't want you to think he is giving you orders...but allow me to make a few suggestions, before you run off and post your first threads/rants/etc.
1. ¬†If you plan on posting an exciting thread showing your best Kerry Thornley/Ivan Stang imitation, please think carefully before doing so...many of us have been here for years, and we've already read the Principia/Book of the Subgenius/Revelation X, and everything by Robert Anton Wilson...and, unless you have something original to add to those, you're probably wasting your time.
2. ¬†Likewise, referencing your pituitary gland, foot gland, or starting an Esperanto thread is very likely to result in your being fed to Fluffy. ¬†And you don't want that, do you?
3. ¬†"The rule of 5" and long threads discussing the mystical signifigance of the number 23 are perfectly legal...but don't cry when you get laughed at or ignored. ¬†Again, those are only funny/interesting the first 300 or so times you hear them.
4. ¬†Some posters (who shall remain nameless) will give you a hard time when you first start posting. ¬†Those posters (who shall remain nameless) will call you a "sucker", tell you to "fuck off", and rip your masterpiece thread (about the number 23) to shreds. ¬†There's absolutely nothing you can do to dissuade them (again, no names), and nobody can hear you scream. ¬†Welcome to discordianism.
5. ¬†For the love of Sweet Baby Jebus, DO NOT use the terms "real discordians", "true discordians", etc. ¬†The Good Reverend doesn't care what happens to YOU, but he's sick of washing blood off the walls.
6. ¬†We really aren't impressed that you can post gibberish, in an attempt to sound "discordian". ¬†Nor are we awed by claims of superpowers (except when Agent Compassion makes them), descent from Elder Gawds(tm), or claims of being Malaclypse (any of them). ¬†In fact, odds are that you'll be bound and gagged, and left at 14th and Minna...a fate best left undescribed. ¬†And - just so you know - the last guy who decided to rip off Joshua Norton's act got banished here: ¬†http://principiadiscordia.org , where he can make all the proclamations he likes...to himself.
7. ¬†Nobody will mod you for threadjacking...but good luck starting any threads of your own, Slappy.
8. ¬†Spamming the latest funny thing you found on more than two (2) threads can have adverse effects, including (but not limited to): ¬†being the recipient of universal mockery, having NOBODY look at your shit (out of sheer spite), and/or being forced to read Great Teacher Largo's old rants until your eyes bleed.
9. ¬†Feel free to experiment with the board and all its HTML-y goodness, but be advised that multi-colored text is very hard to read, and most people won't make the effort.
10. ¬†Pr0n bombing will probably get you modded, as will anything that can ge the admin/mods in real, actual trouble (copyright violations, etc). ¬†If this happens, your fate is up to the powers that be, and we don't want to hear any whimpering about it. ¬†Try not to bleed on us, m'kay?
SPECIAL BONUS SUGGESTION #11: ¬†We've been trolled by the best. ¬†In fact, some of us ARE the best. ¬†So don't give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome trying to impress us...and multiple monikers don't really help. ¬†Everyone ALWAYS finds out who you are...and, again, it's been done a million times. ¬†
Lastly, be yourself, be original, don't feel the need to "wow" us on your first day, and have fun...