Author Topic: Some more fractal stuff  (Read 7438 times)

ataraxia

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:08:55 am »
Hey, these have been done for a while, and now my server is up again. And posting this is easier than writing a good rant. :P

[/img]
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

fnordiscordia

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 12:11:43 am »
WAY TO HAVE A BUNCH OF PROGRAMS SHIT OUT "ART" FOR YOU!

NICE FUCKING WORK!

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 02:21:02 am »
Very nice.  I like all the bazillion changes you made to the first one to create the second one.

ataraxia

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 02:27:04 am »
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Very nice.  I like all the bazillion changes you made to the first one to create the second one.

These are actually entirely independent from each other. And all the filters that I applied were part of XaoS itself, I didn't even need another app to post-process them.

Didja notice that the last one is the original for my current avatar? I applied an edge-detect filter, a "distant sun" flare effect, and an ordinary fuzzy black dot to it in Gimp.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 02:27:27 am »
Quote from: ataraxia

These are actually entirely independent from each other. And all the filters that I applied were part of XaoS itself, I didn't even need another app to post-process them.

Didja notice that the last one is the original for my current avatar? I applied an edge-detect filter, a "distant sun" flare effect, and an ordinary fuzzy black dot to it in Gimp.

pedo.
"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

Shibboleet The Annihilator

• The
  • Mods
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 02:36:46 am »
Seriously, keep your arms, legs, and all other appendages away from the kiddies.

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 02:42:54 am »

No, I didn't.  I don't have my browser set to adjust for size so they are fricking huge.  Nice effects added to the last one.  Looks like, which is it, a nutron star, or another kind of 'dead' star that shoots that stuff into space?

Shibboleet The Annihilator

• The
  • Mods
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 02:45:19 am »
Look, I know you're a complete fucking idiot but why are you talking to a pedophile? Are you down with that sort of thing? What would your hubby think?

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 02:48:42 am »
It's not Eric.

ataraxia

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 02:49:39 am »
Nice effects added to the last one.  Looks like, which is it, a nutron star, or another kind of 'dead' star that shoots that stuff into space?

It's the corner of an Octal, with the "starfield" filter applied (the original, I mean).

The Good Reverend Roger

• Tarantism Victim
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 02:52:18 am »
Nice effects added to the last one.  Looks like, which is it, a nutron star, or another kind of 'dead' star that shoots that stuff into space?

It's the corner of an Octal, with the "starfield" filter applied (the original, I mean).

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
- Frank Zappa

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 03:04:55 am »

I still like the snowman butt guy, I mean, Mandelbrots, hehehe, that's what we call them at my house.

ataraxia

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 03:11:08 am »

I still like the snowman butt guy, I mean, Mandelbrots, hehehe, that's what we call them at my house.

Old Benoit Mandelbrot used to call it something like "the weird bug". I've got his book  The Fractal Geometry of Nature. The pics are nice but don't try to read the text - you could probably find his picture in the encyclopedia under "pedant"  :lol: He's also very vindictive of anyone in his fieldwho doesn't worship him. (He's actually an economist, BTW.)

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 03:14:08 am »
Lorenz was a weather guy, hehehe

ataraxia

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
Some more fractal stuff
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 03:19:49 am »
Lorenz was a weather guy, hehehe

Yeah, he posted his discovery of the strange attractor in some meteorological journal, and the audience said "WTF is this MATH???" The mathematicians that cared didn't find out for about 10 more years :lol: