OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 22, 2014, 06:32:22 PM
Interesting conversation on FB about which subway line in Boston is "the best": Orange Line or Red Line.  A lot of people are supporting the Red line.  As I live on the orange line, I'm backing that one, but a lot of people are disparaging of it.  However, I noticed something...  Could be coincidental.

Red Line stops: Southie (traditionally white). Kendall  (white).  Harvard (duh). Somerville (white). Alewife (white).
Orange Line stops: Forest Hills (black), Jackson Square (black/Latino), Roxbury (black), Chinatown (duh, part 2).

Ok, there are outliers. The Orange Line does go through Charlestown (working class white) and into Malden (white), and the Red Line goes into Dorchester (black).  Still, it did give me pause.

Oh my god. That's almost the most inane conversation imaginable.

I think I should try to get one of those started on Facebook about the MAX. YELLOW LINE ALL THE WAY, BITCHEZ!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 09:48:52 PM
Interesting conversation on FB about which subway line in Boston is "the best": Orange Line or Red Line.  A lot of people are supporting the Red line.  As I live on the orange line, I'm backing that one, but a lot of people are disparaging of it.  However, I noticed something...  Could be coincidental.

Red Line stops: Southie (traditionally white). Kendall  (white).  Harvard (duh). Somerville (white). Alewife (white).
Orange Line stops: Forest Hills (black), Jackson Square (black/Latino), Roxbury (black), Chinatown (duh, part 2).

Ok, there are outliers. The Orange Line does go through Charlestown (working class white) and into Malden (white), and the Red Line goes into Dorchester (black).  Still, it did give me pause.

I think I should try to get one of those started on Facebook about the MAX. YELLOW LINE ALL THE WAY, BITCHEZ!

PURPLE LINE OR GTFO.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 22, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
Request for honest feedback:  should I continue with my Colombia/Necronomicoin storyline, or is it losing steam?

I'd say keep going... I really dig what I've read so far, and though I might not get a chance to read any more until Thursday because of my jacked-up schedule, I look forward to catching up.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 09:49:52 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 09:48:52 PM

PURPLE LINE OR GTFO.

LIGHT RAIL WARS

SQUARE OFF AT THE TRANSIT CENTER!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 22, 2014, 09:43:23 PM
So the thing on my back, that the doctor froze off some months ago, is back. And it brought friends. Anyone got a sharped melon baller I can borrow?

Eeeek! Papillomas are assholes. Make them kill it better this time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 22, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
Request for honest feedback:  should I continue with my Colombia/Necronomicoin storyline, or is it losing steam?

I'd say keep going... I really dig what I've read so far, and though I might not get a chance to read any more until Thursday because of my jacked-up schedule, I look forward to catching up.

I've been enjoying it.  LMNO and I (and a couple of others) went sideways with it a bit.

I'm waiting for the last remnants of the brain weasels to clear up before hitting The Pit again, because some of my best ideas happen right about then, for reasons that a neurologist might be able to explain.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 09:52:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 09:45:57 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 03:21:57 PM
2011, not sure of accuracy, funny nonetheless:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/131476-watch-prius-owner-completely-flip-farmer-family-driving-truck/

Wow. :eek: What a complete and utter lunatic.

It takes all kinds.

I hope that kind is the first kind eaten.

I hate giant pickup trucks, I admit this.  Mostly because they completely block my view.

I don't see how that gives me a right to walk up and lecture someone like a complete fucking psycho.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, today's events: my workjob just had our last 8:30 am meeting, which is a relief. We don't meet again until the focus group on the 10th. My boss offered to coach me about my upcoming Ford Foundation interview, and she's rad so I bet she'll be super helpful.

I was an hour late for my geology quiz because I was working on my chemistry lab and for some reason I thought geology lab was at 1. The instructor did not give a single fuck, and I was done at the normal time so all's well that ends well.

I almost died when a truck ran a red light and stopped six inches short of the bus, which it was about to T-bone right where I was sitting. OK, so maybe I wouldn't have died, but it would have hells of sucked.

I found a food cart that serves enormous salad rolls for $3.50. This is my new snacktreat stop.

Kid disappeared and missed school and her therapy session. Kid was found safe in Canby, being irresponsible.

I came home and started beans for various salads, and now I'm procrastinating finishing my chemistry homework. I hate chemistry. I really really do. Hate it.

There is suddenly a thunderstorm.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 10:00:09 PM

I almost died when a truck ran a red light and stopped six inches short of the bus, which it was about to T-bone right where I was sitting. OK, so maybe I wouldn't have died, but it would have hells of sucked.

You know, I try to tell my brother this shit.  You can be on top of the world, like he is, smugly convinced that you put yourself there all on your lonesome, and an accident that you have NO control over can throw you right into the shitter.

In fact, it occurs to me that people are far more likely to be pre-destitute than they are to be pre-rich.

Rant brewing.