News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Special Snowflakism.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 21, 2014, 06:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

It's more of a strong suggestion until you're able to face the reality of the situation without drink.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

It occurs to me that I missed the ultimate "no true Scotsman" joke.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I keep setting you up for it as well  :lulz:
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 21, 2014, 07:26:51 PM
You are, of course, right about that crowd being fodder for the persecution fetishists, Roger, but luckily they've ghettoized themselves to such an obscure corner of the Internet they might as well be having their clandestine meetings deep in the jungle. I resent the special snowflake attitude for it being a variation on rugged individualism - separating onesself from the point of reference for its own sake and thus weakening the strength of any significant effort at real change.

And then I look at them and I love them, in an odd way. Here we had a generation told you can be whatever you want to be and they grew up jaded and cynical for the lie, so we told the next ones you can be whoever you want to be and they said, "Okay, I'm butanoisexual. I am only turned on by the rancid butter smell of male ginkgo biloba berries," and the response is a resounding, "BUUUUUHHHHH..."

These people couldn't be invented by even the most warped of minds. They had to grow together naturally, and in an awful and hilarious way.

Goddamn. This is beautiful. As is the OP. Perhaps they are complementary doctrines of Holy™.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 21, 2014, 09:01:37 PM
Google "freebleeding".

That was a big thing among the uber-alt crowd when I was 19, too. I think it's always been around, just on the fringe.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 10:18:27 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 21, 2014, 07:26:51 PM
You are, of course, right about that crowd being fodder for the persecution fetishists, Roger, but luckily they've ghettoized themselves to such an obscure corner of the Internet they might as well be having their clandestine meetings deep in the jungle. I resent the special snowflake attitude for it being a variation on rugged individualism - separating onesself from the point of reference for its own sake and thus weakening the strength of any significant effort at real change.

And then I look at them and I love them, in an odd way. Here we had a generation told you can be whatever you want to be and they grew up jaded and cynical for the lie, so we told the next ones you can be whoever you want to be and they said, "Okay, I'm butanoisexual. I am only turned on by the rancid butter smell of male ginkgo biloba berries," and the response is a resounding, "BUUUUUHHHHH..."

These people couldn't be invented by even the most warped of minds. They had to grow together naturally, and in an awful and hilarious way.

Goddamn. This is beautiful. As is the OP. Perhaps they are complementary doctrines of Holy™.

I am in love with the comparison with Rugged Individualists™.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 09:28:16 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 22, 2014, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 09:22:56 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 22, 2014, 09:16:02 PM
What's the problem? I'm bestowing my love upon the heathen Englishmen. Or, as I call them all, Southerners.

But you're English   :?

Scottish. Although you've insisted otherwise for some time, reptile scum.

I am not quite sure what difference that makes.  It would be like me saying "No, I'm not in America, I'm in Arizona", or Waffles spouting his nonsense about which part of Belgium he lives in.

American clarification for ignorant crumpet-suckers:  IF YOU ARE ON AN ISLAND OFF OF EUROPE, AND YOUR NAME ISN'T SVEN OR NILS, YOU ARE ENGLISH.

Belgian districts are important, Roger the Peruvian.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

Also, The OP and EOC's response: <3
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 22, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 09:28:16 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 22, 2014, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 22, 2014, 09:22:56 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 22, 2014, 09:16:02 PM
What's the problem? I'm bestowing my love upon the heathen Englishmen. Or, as I call them all, Southerners.

But you're English   :?

Scottish. Although you've insisted otherwise for some time, reptile scum.

I am not quite sure what difference that makes.  It would be like me saying "No, I'm not in America, I'm in Arizona", or Waffles spouting his nonsense about which part of Belgium he lives in.

American clarification for ignorant crumpet-suckers:  IF YOU ARE ON AN ISLAND OFF OF EUROPE, AND YOUR NAME ISN'T SVEN OR NILS, YOU ARE ENGLISH.

Belgian districts are important, Roger the Peruvian.

Not Peruvian.  I have never been at risk for llama-maulings.

EK WAFFLR

You live on the other side of the Atlantic, and you're not a penguin, then you're Peruvian, in my eyes. So there.

[/b]

Junkenstein

No, it's hot and there's Latino folk.

Clearly Mexican.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 22, 2014, 10:50:51 PM
No, it's hot and there's Latino folk.

Clearly Mexican.

I'm okay with that.

Gringo.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 22, 2014, 10:49:13 PM
You live on the other side of the Atlantic, and you're not a penguin, then you're Peruvian, in my eyes. So there.

I could never live in Antarctica, because I would be too afraid of being eaten by a polar bear.

Ben Shapiro

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.