News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

No, I'm not dead but...

Started by LMNO, July 27, 2011, 10:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Dad's gonna be, pretty soon.  I'm in NY, with the rest of the family, taking care of him in his final days. It cam on him fast: On Friday, he was working in front of his computer. By Sunday, he was bedridden and only occasionally coherent. I can say that he's in no pain.  He sleeps about 20-22 hours a day. I'd like to think that this speedy decline is a positive thing, as he was only aware his brain was getting muddled for only a day or so.

I've said what I needed to say to him in private, and he smiled when I was done.  That's all I could ask for. Now, we wait.

I'll be back in Boston on Monday if he decides he enjoys the rest (and the morphine), and then back to NY that weekend, or sooner if he decides to do the thermodynamic thing before that.

It should be noted that this whole thing has been made easier by accepting the disordered, random, and unpredictable events that come with a loved one dying.  I am in no way sarcastic when I say, "Thanks, Eris."

LMNO
- keeping his shit together.

Jenne

Love and hugs, LMNO.  That's all I can say.

Suu

My thoughts go out to you and the Daddy LMNO. I hope that everything goes smoothly. Don't hesitate to give me a buzz if you need to talk or what not.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cuddlefish

All of the above, and most of the below.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Telarus

+1

Good to hear you're weathering it well, and that you dad seems to be as well.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Elder Iptuous

you've got my utmost respect and sympathy, LMNO.

Cainad (dec.)

I'm sorry for your loss, LMNO. He was one heck of a guy.

Best to you and yours.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (deceased) on July 27, 2011, 10:47:27 PM
Dad's gonna be, pretty soon.  I'm in NY, with the rest of the family, taking care of him in his final days. It cam on him fast: On Friday, he was working in front of his computer. By Sunday, he was bedridden and only occasionally coherent. I can say that he's in no pain.  He sleeps about 20-22 hours a day. I'd like to think that this speedy decline is a positive thing, as he was only aware his brain was getting muddled for only a day or so.

I've said what I needed to say to him in private, and he smiled when I was done.  That's all I could ask for. Now, we wait.

I'll be back in Boston on Monday if he decides he enjoys the rest (and the morphine), and then back to NY that weekend, or sooner if he decides to do the thermodynamic thing before that.

It should be noted that this whole thing has been made easier by accepting the disordered, random, and unpredictable events that come with a loved one dying.  I am in no way sarcastic when I say, "Thanks, Eris."

LMNO
- keeping his shit together.

Aw, fuck.  Sorry to hear this, LMNO.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Sorry to hear it, man. My thoughts are with you and we're here for you if needed.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

*GrumpButt*

I am so sorry.

We are here for you hon.
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

East Coast Hustle

I'm truly sorry to hear this, LMNO. IMO, you are totally correct in being thankful that it's been a speedy process. For me, the pain of watching my father die was nothing compared to watching him slowly decline first, and watching him realize it and struggle with it as a person who had always taken pride in having a clear head and an intellectual bent.

From what you've shared with us about your dad, he was a friggin' giant and the world will be a poorer place without him.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm so sorry LMNO. If there is anything I can do! Take care and be safe in your traveling.

maphdet

Sad news. It's good you, your dad and your family can be together at this time.
Comfort with each other.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Triple Zero

Big hugs, LMNO, big hugs.

All the rest's been said.

Big hugs.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.