News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

GASM: Reply To All

Started by Cramulus, November 01, 2010, 03:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

I did the first one and the one at the Escapist so far.
Insanity we trust.

El Sjaako

I didn't feel like registering right now, but I did the blogspot ones and bragging-rights-to-first-person-to-identify-t. Two to go! I'll try and do those tomorrow.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Cramulus on November 01, 2010, 03:54:50 PM
Brief idea, to be fleshed out later
This does sound like a good idea.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 01, 2010, 03:54:50 PMconfuse / amuse (there should be a word for that)
Is "bemuse" close enough?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

tyrannosaurus vex

i do not want to derail this project

but

what if we as discordians showed up where people were discussing Eris in a non-discordian context? astronomy, ancient history, etc
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cramulus

also cool!

furthermore we really should write up some religious brew-ha hah about the planet Eris. I don't know of any cults obsessed with it yet, it'd be nice to get in on the ground floor.

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

NWC

I'm in. I'll hit up the links after dinner.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on November 01, 2010, 03:54:50 PM
Brief idea, to be fleshed out later

I have a google alert set up to ping me every time somebody on the googleweb mentions Discordianism. It doesn't generate a huge amount of buzz.

Wouldn't it be funny if a bunch of us dedicated ourselves to showing up every time somebody has a forum conversation or blog post about Eris?

there's about 1-3 hits per day, most of which point to the same places over and over again. We'd only need to hit those places once.

So what would we do in these comments?

a few different options:

1. just comment like you would normally, using your normal name
2. absurdist pineal woo woo talk
3. make up a fake identity and post as him/her

the point here is NOT to troll people.

the point is to
---create the illusion (read: reality) that the Discordian Society is real, and it's out there, listening.
---reward people for talking about Discordianism.
---confuse / amuse (there should be a word for that) people who were not expecting the Discordian inquisition

If I get FIVE count em FIVE votes of confidence ITT, I'll begin posting links. Your mission will be to go to the link, create an account (if necessary), and comment.

Once you have replied to at least five links, you will be an official member of the
REPLY TO ALL CABAL.

I'm in! I like it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

I hit 5.
Don't know what to say to those Icke people.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cramulus

yeah I think we may be better aimed if we focus on blogs rather than forums

here's another one now!
hxxp://www.brightestyoungthings.com/articles/religion-of-the-day-discordianism.htm#comment163240

El Sjaako

I thought the point was to sort of do it on recent things? That post is from more than a year ago.

Cramulus

ah yeah,you're right... It must have showed up on my google reader feed due to recent comments

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2010, 05:53:36 PM
also cool!

furthermore we really should write up some religious brew-ha hah about the planet Eris. I don't know of any cults obsessed with it yet, it'd be nice to get in on the ground floor.

If we can find an emphemeris with Eris's apparent orbit taken into consideration, we can look for some sort of alignment or entrance into a sign and come up with some sort of prophecy that is supposed to unfold at that point. We can back up the science behind it by back projecting similar conditions and finding something of historical significance around that time to corroborate this effect. LO5 in action.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.