News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Incompetent Legislature Thread

Started by Iason Ouabache, March 24, 2010, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Why? Because we need more UNLIMITED threads and most state legislatures are retarded. Case in point:

http://www.oudaily.com/news/2010/mar/23/lawmaker-says-hate-crimes-bill-contains-error/

QuoteA bill intended to remove hate crime protections from gays and lesbians actually takes away rights from everyone else because of a "legislative error," according to one lawmaker.

Oklahoma State Senate Minority Leader Andrew Rice, D-Oklahoma City, said when the Senate passed Senate Bill 1965 on March 10, it eliminated hate crime protections for race and religion.

The bill states local law enforcement agencies should not enforce any sections of federal law under hate crimes statutes listed under Title 18 U.S. Code Section 245 unless they are in correlation with Oklahoma's hate crimes laws.

But the protections for sexual orientation and gender identity in the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes, which passed Congress last year, are not listed under Section 245, but Section 249

"The bill in its current form doesn't take away rights from gays and lesbians," Rice said. "It takes away rights for religion and race."

:lulz:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

LMNO

ATTN, ALL OKIE FAGGOTS:  GO PUNCH A CHRISTIAN INNA FACE.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2010, 01:55:06 PM
ATTN, ALL OKIE FAGGOTS:  GO PUNCH A CHRISTIAN INNA FACE.

:lulz:

Sometimes I wonder why I keep coming here.

Then I see posts like this.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My god, unintentional legislative boners really are an unlimited source of lail!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chairman Risus

Have to spread this one around.
I wonder how often shit like this happens.

Requia ☣

They accidentally outlawed owning too many computers in Utah.

And there's the Texas marriage ammendment, that accidentally outlaws straight marriage.  So I'm guessing pretty awesome.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.