News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Unlimited Alan Grayson appreciation thread!

Started by Cain, September 27, 2009, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

If Obama Eats a BLT, GOP 'Would Try to Ban Bacon'

http://chattahbox.com/entertainment/2009/10/08/rep-grayson-if-obama-eats-a-blt-gop-would-try-to-ban-bacon/

QuoteGrayson then artfully described the Republicans' wish for President Obama to fail and the American people be damned:

"They understand that if Barack Obama was somehow able to cure hunger in the world, the Republicans would blame him for overpopulation. They understand that if somehow Barack Obama could somehow bring about world peace, they would blame him for destroying the defense industry. In fact, they understand that if Barack Obama has a BLT sandwich tomorrow for lunch they would try and ban bacon. But that's not what America wants."

And video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ery7RZ4tZ2Y
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 12, 2009, 07:11:50 PM
If Obama Eats a BLT, GOP 'Would Try to Ban Bacon'

http://chattahbox.com/entertainment/2009/10/08/rep-grayson-if-obama-eats-a-blt-gop-would-try-to-ban-bacon/

QuoteGrayson then artfully described the Republicans' wish for President Obama to fail and the American people be damned:

"They understand that if Barack Obama was somehow able to cure hunger in the world, the Republicans would blame him for overpopulation. They understand that if somehow Barack Obama could somehow bring about world peace, they would blame him for destroying the defense industry. In fact, they understand that if Barack Obama has a BLT sandwich tomorrow for lunch they would try and ban bacon. But that's not what America wants."

And video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ery7RZ4tZ2Y

Jenne

Iason Ouabache

\

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 22, 2009, 07:29:32 PM
"Fox News and National Enquirer are basically interchangeable"  :lulz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgoOTwgUGs

Dude is pretty awesome--his spot on Bill Maher went so well.  Maher razzed him for his American Flag tie, and the joke bombed out.  Grayson's implacably cool, no matter the pressure.  Maher had his nose out of joint as it was, and Grayson wouldn't dance.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Iason Ouabache

\

Cain

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/12/16/the_year_of_the_political_jackass.html

QuoteGrayson has said he has "trouble listening to what [Vice President Dick Cheney] says sometimes because of the blood that drips from his teeth while he's talking."

President Television

A politician that I can admire? What is the world coming to?

EDIT: Seriously though, this guy's a fucking superhero. Why can't Canada have awesome politicians?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

I can ruin him for you.  He's in deep with AIPAC, so his stance towards Israel and the Middle East kinda sucks.  Badly.

Still, he's about 100% right on his stance towards the finance industry and the GOP currently, which is a higher batting than I give to most other politicians.

President Television

Quote from: Cain on December 22, 2009, 09:58:22 PM
I can ruin him for you.  He's in deep with AIPAC, so his stance towards Israel and the Middle East kinda sucks.  Badly.

Still, he's about 100% right on his stance towards the finance industry and the GOP currently, which is a higher batting than I give to most other politicians.

The AIPAC bit is rather shitty. Still, he looks like a democrat who can get things done, which is a nice change.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Chief Uwachiquen

Holy shit. This guy's awesome.  :lulz: I'll have to look up AIPAC and see what that's all about, not familiar with that one.

AFK

I think he may be overreaching, and overreacting, a little bit with this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/22/grayson-wants-critic-jailed-claiming-constituent/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528FOXNews.com+-+Politics%2529&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
My, my, my. Florida Rep. Alan Grayson wants to see one of his critics go directly to jail -- all over her use of the word "my."

In an effort to raise money against the outspoken freshman Democrat, a Republican activist named Angie Langley has launched "mycongressmanisnuts.com" -- a Web site that parodies Grayson's re-election site, "congressmanwithguts.com."

Langley criticizes Grayson on her Web site for his "inappropriate behavior" and "childish approach" toward governing, and claims he "does not represent the values of central Florida."  She said in an interview with Fox News on Tuesday that she launched the site in an effort "to expose him (Grayson) for what he is." 

But Grayson is not amused, and he is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to conduct an investigation into the Web site and Langley, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel.

In a four-page letter sent to Holder, Grayson accuses Langley of lying to federal elections and requests that she be fined and imprisoned for five years.

Her lie, according to Grayson, is that she claims to be one of his constituents. Langley, Grayson says, is misrepresenting herself by using the term "my" in the Web site's name.

Langley is a resident of Clermont, Fla., which is outside Grayson's 8th District. Oh, my.

"Ms. Langley has deliberately masqueraded as a constituent of mine, in order to try to create the false appearance that she speaks for constituents who don't support me," Grayson writes in his complaint. "[She] has chosen a name for her committee that is utterly tasteless and juvenile."

Langley defended herself Tuesday, saying that she was "born and raised" in Grayson's district and is "embarrassed to be represented" by him in Washington. 

"This is the United States of America. A member of Congress represents all of us -- no matter where we live," she said. 

Grayson has been high on the headline list for the last few months. He received national attention in September for saying on the House floor during the debate over health care reform that Republicans want sick people to "die quickly." He apologized in October for calling a female adviser to Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke a "whore."

The congressman, who is Jewish, was also reprimanded by the Anti-Defamation League for calling the current health care system a "holocaust in America."

I'm sure it pissed him off but I think he may be overreacting just a tad.  Nevermind that he's giving this website more attention, which means it will get more traffic, and likely more donations. 

I also like how "fair and balanced" this article was.  Fox doesn't even try to hide it anymore. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

President Television

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on December 23, 2009, 07:58:42 AM
Holy shit. This guy's awesome.  :lulz: I'll have to look up AIPAC and see what that's all about, not familiar with that one.

From what I can gather, it's a group that promotes the interests of Israel in America.

Jenne

...but he's got to have a flair for the dramatic to have performed as he has the last year or so, nay?