News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

The White House All Up In Your Memetics

Started by Telarus, July 31, 2013, 07:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Yeah, I'm seriously proposing anarcho-syndicalism as an alternative.  :roll:

Fuck you and fuck this conversation.

Telarus

Well, I appreciate your take on this Cain. So, thanks.

I think hylierandom may have been speaking more to his(her?) background than the ideas you presented.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Left

Quote from: Telarus on July 31, 2013, 11:42:30 PM
Well, I appreciate your take on this Cain. So, thanks.

I think hylierandom may have been speaking more to his(her?) background than the ideas you presented.

I appreciate it too, Cain.
I was trying to get ideas from you about how we might make a government we don't have to fear.

I don't trust them.  I'm thinking that's beside the point.

Apologies for pissing you off, I wasn't trying.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2013, 10:52:41 PM
In the UK they do.

Who is the head of the Cabinet Office Behavioural Insights Team?  David Halpern, Tony Blair's chief strategic advisor between 2001-2007.  What was Tony Blair mostly doing during that time?  Passing insane counter-terrorism legislation, invading other countries and authorising the creation of "kill teams" operating in the Metropolitan Police.

Ahhh, so your government is potentially even more dangerous, because its branches are less isolated from/at odds with each other.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2013, 10:54:01 PM
But, you know, I'm paranoid and don't know what I'm talking about.

You can be snarky, but you might consider for a moment that I thought we were talking about the White House, as per the thread title.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I understand where you're coming from, Cain. And I attempted to caveat my post, saying I didn't mind the idea, but I didn't trust the users (paraphrase).

But still, the US didn't have this program in 2001, and we STILL got suckered into a useless, meaningless, and profitable (to some) war. The psychos in the state house don't NEED these tactics.