News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

White Student Union forms at Georgia State

Started by Suu, August 01, 2013, 11:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Another thing.

When an oppressed minority forms an association, it can either be for mutual benefit or for revenge.

When the oppressing majority forms an association, it is always - no matter how they paint it - a means to extend or prolong their oppression.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And these particular shitnecks haven't wasted any time:

Quote"It will work itself out organically in ways we can't predict," Jared responded. "White anger may erupt in places we haven't heard of."

Quote"I'm just going to come out and say it," Paddy said. "The criteria of citizenship would be based on race. It would be based on [being] white. Absolutely. One hundred percent."

Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 06:30:18 PM
And these particular shitnecks haven't wasted any time:

Quote"It will work itself out organically in ways we can't predict," Jared responded. "White anger may erupt in places we haven't heard of."

Quote"I'm just going to come out and say it," Paddy said. "The criteria of citizenship would be based on race. It would be based on [being] white. Absolutely. One hundred percent."

*headdesk*
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on August 02, 2013, 06:48:08 AM
Quote from: Pæs on August 02, 2013, 06:40:39 AM
Pergamos, can you define the word "minority" as used in this conversation?

group that is less than half of the total.

So whites are in fact a minority of the students of Georgia State, being only 38% of the student body.  Meanwhile as a percentage of American Citizens whites will remain the majority for a few more decades.

"Less than half" is not usually how the word "minority" is defined, in this context. even setting issues of power and privilege aside for a moment, a "minority" group is usually one which makes up a smaller percentage of the total population than another group. Not a smaller percentage of the population than all other groups combined.

I am not saying that whites can't be a minority. I'm just saying that your definition is incorrect.

Of course, when you are talking about social minorities, then the word is also defined by social power and influence; so a group that has a smaller population is not a social minority if they have the majority of the social power.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

I often wonder, when people attempt to derail something like this with (incorrect) nit-picky quibbles, why they would attempt to do so.

Either they're channelling Enki, or they have an agenda.

That's just my opinion, of course.
Molon Lube

Cain

Also this:

Quote"We want a homeland where we are a majority," he said. "We have a government of traitors... White people who express a desire for a homeland are labeled as haters." He ended his speech to applause: "Think of secession...Think of hometowns. We have to build them ourselves... Survival is the first law. We have no choice but to keep fighting."

Guess it sucks if you're a non-whitey where Jared wants to play Aryan Washington.  Because nothing says "a strong nation-state that's well-defended but at peace with the world" like ethnic cleansing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 06:28:14 PM
Another thing.

When an oppressed minority forms an association, it can either be for mutual benefit or for revenge.

When the oppressing majority forms an association, it is always - no matter how they paint it - a means to extend or prolong their oppression.

Bingo.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 06:38:55 PM
I often wonder, when people attempt to derail something like this with (incorrect) nit-picky quibbles, why they would attempt to do so.

Either they're channelling Enki, or they have an agenda.

That's just my opinion, of course.

Kinda having similar thoughts.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 02, 2013, 06:39:26 PM
Guess it sucks if you're a non-whitey where Jared wants to play Aryan Washington.  Because nothing says "a strong nation-state that's well-defended but at peace with the world" like ethnic cleansing.

BINGO.  THIS.  RIGHT THERE.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

So whites are in fact a minority of the students of Georgia State, being only 38% of the student body.  Meanwhile as a percentage of American Citizens whites will remain the majority for a few more decades.

Well, then.

Let's say you have 3 subgroups:

Whites at 38%
Blacks at 30%
Hispanics at 28%
Asians at 4%

Who is the majority?

There isn't one.  There's 3 sizeable minorities and a tiny minority (and apparently no middle easterners at all)

Pergamos

Quote from: Cain on August 02, 2013, 06:39:26 PM
Also this:

Quote"We want a homeland where we are a majority," he said. "We have a government of traitors... White people who express a desire for a homeland are labeled as haters." He ended his speech to applause: "Think of secession...Think of hometowns. We have to build them ourselves... Survival is the first law. We have no choice but to keep fighting."

I always figure folks like this should go back to Europe. 

Cain

We've got enough racist idiots over here.  You can keep them, thanks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on August 03, 2013, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

Well, then.

Let's say you have 3 subgroups:

Whites at 38%
Blacks at 30%
Hispanics at 28%
Asians at 4%

Who is the majority?

There isn't one.  There's 3 sizeable minorities and a tiny minority (and apparently no middle easterners at all)

OMG did you read anything at all that other people posted about the meaning of "minority"? Because now you're using your own made-up definition that no one else uses, except racists who don't understand the term and try to use it to mean "less than 50%". Good lord.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel