News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

This campaign makes me happy.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 06, 2013, 05:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Funny thing about Rhino horn, it's mainly made of Keratin.

Same as your fingernails.

So when you see people paying stupid sums of money for a pinch to put in a drink or whatever, remember you can get the same effect at home, for free, with a nail file.

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on August 07, 2013, 08:49:55 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on August 06, 2013, 06:03:59 PM
My favorite thing that I've been hearing about traditional Chinese medicine is that "they've used it for six thousand years, ergo it works" combined with "it's a different paradigm from Western medicine, so it can't be evaluated using the Western paradigm"

Which is essentially the same as saying it uses different physics. If the question is "does it work", it seems like it would work or not work independently of what paradigm is used to evaluate it.

The "people have done it for a long time, therefore it works" is also one of the stupidest arguments for anything ever. People have practiced human sacrifice all over the globe for millennia. EFFECTIVE? Maybe we should bring it back!

I'm strangely comfortable with that  :oops:

Ignoring certain countries where the practice still seems to continue, it may be an interesting way of determining political leaders.

Got a child? Willing to sacrifice it for the good of the nation? Prove it and win votes! LIVE LIVE LIVE AT 11. Crappy Eddie Murphy film at 11:20.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Pæs on August 07, 2013, 03:31:30 AM
Even if alternative medicine is just an effective way to induce the placebo effect, isn't that itself enough of a reason to practice these disciplines?

</holist>

No! Because the children get high off the placebo effect! THROW THEM IN JAIL!