News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Comic for Portland people

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, June 06, 2012, 06:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

http://www.booksofadam.com/2012/06/tooth.html

and I suppose other people, but the guy's from Portland, so the girl in question is probably from the area too.

E.O.T.

THAT'S

a funny story
"a good fight justifies any cause"

East Coast Hustle

That sounds like my kind of girl.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Don Coyote

Anna Mae Bollocks

But how did the tooth get from Portland to Squiddy's pendant?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on June 06, 2012, 06:06:48 PM

and I suppose other people, but the guy's from Portland, so the girl in question is probably from the area too.

Not particularly funny. The guy seems like a calculating marketing type, afraid to talk about anything that really matters (having an opinion might offend someone!) in order to have a wide appeal. Or maybe he's actually that boring.

After reading some of his other comics, I'll add that he also seems to have signs of being a coddled manchild:

Now, I usually don't clean anything in my apartment until it starts to smell rancid enough that I wake up gagging from the stench, and usually at that point I just toss all my dirty dishes and buy a new set from Target. I figure if I threw down the big bucks for this blender thing, I should probably just man up and wash it, but blenders are tricky to clean by hand...so I just let it sit there, getting crustier and smellier, imagining at some point it will grow enough germs to become sentient and attack me.

Most likely, the lazy American in me will win out, and I'll end up just throwing away the whole thing rather than clean it.

Reminds me of a former friend who I can no longer stand and don't talk to anymore. There's only so much disgusting I can abide—dirty, rancid dishes: ok, I can understand that. Throwing out dirty, rancid dishes, pots, pans and a blender because you're too fucking lazy to clean them: you're a spoiled brat. I can't respect that. Even when I had the money to afford that I wouldn't indulge in such an iconic display of lazy, thoughtless, shitneck American consumerism. That's way nastier than letting your dishes get vomit-inducing.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Net on June 07, 2012, 02:30:25 AM

Not particularly funny. The guy seems like a calculating marketing type, afraid to talk about anything that really matters (having an opinion might offend someone!) in order to have a wide appeal. Or maybe he's actually that boring.

After reading some of his other comics, I'll add that he also seems to have signs of being a coddled manchild:

Now, I usually don't clean anything in my apartment until it starts to smell rancid enough that I wake up gagging from the stench, and usually at that point I just toss all my dirty dishes and buy a new set from Target. I figure if I threw down the big bucks for this blender thing, I should probably just man up and wash it, but blenders are tricky to clean by hand...so I just let it sit there, getting crustier and smellier, imagining at some point it will grow enough germs to become sentient and attack me.

Most likely, the lazy American in me will win out, and I'll end up just throwing away the whole thing rather than clean it.

Reminds me of a former friend who I can no longer stand and don't talk to anymore. There's only so much disgusting I can abide—dirty, rancid dishes: ok, I can understand that. Throwing out dirty, rancid dishes, pots, pans and a blender because you're too fucking lazy to clean them: you're a spoiled brat. I can't respect that. Even when I had the money to afford that I wouldn't indulge in such an iconic display of lazy, thoughtless, shitneck American consumerism. That's way nastier than letting your dishes get vomit-inducing.

Totally agree.

If they grow fur, wash 'em, scald the shit out of 'em, bleach 'em, whatever it takes.
Before the world turns into a massive landfill full of cheap shit from China that was never intended to last more than a year. ("TV repairman? What's that?")

Anyway, he looks like a hipster in the drawings.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on June 07, 2012, 02:30:25 AM

Gotta agree with this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I thought a lot of them were funny.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Didn't read any of his other stuff, just thought that story was interesting and I like the idea that if enough people spread it around, maybe that chick will get her tooth back. Even if it's a total fabrication designed to get that reaction out of me to promote his blog viraly, I don't care. I like internet saves the day stories, and if there's a chance that I can be part of one I'm going to try it.

hirley0

ORange :20:

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on June 07, 2012, 12:19:41 PM
Didn't read any of his other stuff, just thought that story was interesting and I like the idea that if enough people spread it around, maybe that chick will get her tooth back. Even if it's a total fabrication designed to get that reaction out of me to promote his blog viraly, I don't care. I like internet saves the day stories, and if there's a chance that I can be part of one I'm going to try it.

Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.  ay at 06:24:49 AM

:fnord:   {6:30:20.AM  :fnord:    { 6:44:04.AM :fnord: