News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 13, 2016, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on September 13, 2016, 10:49:44 PM
I start my job as a research librarian this week. I'd sass it up, but I have to wear a uniform at the museum, and no heels, because it's an aircraft carrier. On the bright side, like Roger mentioned on my FB, I don't have to schlep tourists around. I get to hide in the library and help the occasional guest out with a project while working on specific special research projects for the museum. Once I'm there for a bit, I'll go into the collections storage and help work out that mess, hopefully. Just taking a quick peek I saw several garments that needed to have condition reporting done and sent out for conservation.

Please to read the David Drake "Lt Leary" series.  Research librarians are dangerous and not to be trifled with.

oooh, free e-books even.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on September 13, 2016, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 13, 2016, 10:55:11 PM
I start my job as a research librarian this week. I'd sass it up, but I have to wear a uniform at the museum, and no heels, because it's an aircraft carrier. On the bright side, like Roger mentioned on my FB, I don't have to schlep tourists around. I get to hide in the library and help the occasional guest out with a project while working on specific special research projects for the museum. Once I'm there for a bit, I'll go into the collections storage and help work out that mess, hopefully. Just taking a quick peek I saw several garments that needed to have condition reporting done and sent out for conservation.

Please to read the David Drake "Lt Leary" series.  Research librarians are dangerous and not to be trifled with.

oooh, free e-books even.

You're going to love it.  Horatio Hornblower in space, with murderous research librarian.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Research librarian is a pretty sweet gig, congratulations!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today is my and Alty's first anniversary.

We gorged on sushi at a restaurant a few blocks from the house that for some reason, we have never tried. It was delicious. I am distended with sushi. He is Skyrimming. Soon, we will go upstairs and watch TV in bed.

Best possible day.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

I was confused by Freeky saying that sandwiches aren't all that filling or calorie-rich, but then I remembered not everyone lives in lower NY state. "Sandwiches" in NY are what most places in the world refer to as "what the fuck how is a human supposed to eat this much."

It's like you people don't know how to distend your jaws like snakes, or something.

Cainad (dec.)

Anyway, hi there PD. I'm here because I'm miserable, cranky, and tired, and according to the newsfeed I'm in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Since getting my thyroid disease treated in August, my range of emotions has expended past "vague sense of dying" that defined the previous six months. I have added feeling sad, stupid, and lonely to the mix.

This too shall pass and all that, but fuck it. I feel like whuppin' on some motherfucker.

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 14, 2016, 04:32:54 AM
Today is my and Alty's first anniversary.

We gorged on sushi at a restaurant a few blocks from the house that for some reason, we have never tried. It was delicious. I am distended with sushi. He is Skyrimming. Soon, we will go upstairs and watch TV in bed.

Best possible day.

:cheers:

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on September 14, 2016, 03:24:12 PM
Anyway, hi there PD. I'm here because I'm miserable, cranky, and tired, and according to the newsfeed I'm in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Since getting my thyroid disease treated in August, my range of emotions has expended past "vague sense of dying" that defined the previous six months. I have added feeling sad, stupid, and lonely to the mix.

This too shall pass and all that, but fuck it. I feel like whuppin' on some motherfucker.

:FFF:

Cain

Someone posted this all over my workplace.

I am simultaneously angry and cringing.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on September 14, 2016, 04:39:25 PM

Someone posted this all over my workplace.

I am simultaneously angry and cringing.

*I posted this on facebook but its probably not a good idea to have a kkk image in my profile

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Suu

Hashimoto's or Grave's?

Welcome to the "My immune system is so fucking badass it's eating my thyroid alive" club.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: SuuCal on September 14, 2016, 06:18:14 PM

Hashimoto's or Grave's?

Welcome to the "My immune system is so fucking badass it's eating my thyroid alive" club.

Grave's. My mom had Hashimoto's, so it figures. My 4-hour iodine uptake rate was 89%, which I understand to be in the "really fucking high, how are you alive" range.

Freeky

D:  Very glad you aren't dying, Cainad!  I hope the rest of it passes soon.

Junkenstein

That UK poster demands a redesign with fresh text. There are many things more important than this that need explaining about the UK.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Congrats to Nigel/alty hope things continue going well.

Cainiad, grab a crowbar and go smash a car at the wrecking yard. I guarantee less sadness and immediate satisfaction. Other issues should alleviate in due course.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.