News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

IDGASM

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, June 08, 2012, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

this is not a "here's my idea now everybody go do it" thing. i have proven to be somewhat lacking in the ability to lead.

That said, there is a grave threat to smart people and quality ideas out there, and we could at least try to do something about it. According to a recent study, 46% of Americans believe in Creationism. Now we can't teach people that this is wrong: A) there are not enough of us, and B) people do not learn, because they are stupid.

So my idea would be trying to get a Twitter (or something) campaign going that humorously illustrates how fucking stupid Intelligent Design is. Like this:

Quote from: the twitspace
#INTELLIGENTDESIGN THAT TIME WHEN YOUR MOTHER BLED TO DEATH FOR GIVING BIRTH TO YOU. OBVIOUSLY GOD KNOWS HOW TO SIZE A VAGINA.

if you have any other ideas please share them.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Elder Iptuous

it will only preach to the choir.
i delete all the Jesus died for you and Red Team political crap that i get sent, and i imagine they would do the same to anything they come across that directly attacks their beliefs.
if it doesn't even get processed by the people that believe in it, then where's the MF?
besides, there's a ton steady stream of it out there already.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 08, 2012, 03:45:06 AM
it will only preach to the choir.
i delete all the Jesus died for you and Red Team political crap that i get sent, and i imagine they would do the same to anything they come across that directly attacks their beliefs.
if it doesn't even get processed by the people that believe in it, then where's the MF?
besides, there's a ton steady stream of it out there already.

my aim isn't to change anyone's mind, but to give the General Public an easy way to think about how awful and ridiculous creationism is. to harden what's left of the smart (or religiously neutral) society against the notion of intelligent design. to make it either socially awkward or outright laughable to say with a straight face that you believe in intelligent design. not trying to convert anyone, just create an atmosphere that is hostile to creationism.

also, not to saturate the twitwaves with this kind of thing in a one-directional kind of way, but to spark a trending tag that unaffiliated people might contribute to, even if their contributions are stupid or miss the point.

Elder Iptuous

i think it's already fully hostile in both directions.
have you ever met anyone that was 'on the fence' about creationism v. a scientific description?
i've only ever known people that are either vocally advocating one or the other, or have believed one and just don't talk about it in general conversation.
as for twitter in particular, i've never tweeted a single twit, so i'm ignorant of it in specifics, but i'm surprised that there isn't already something of a #creationismisstupid tag in existence?

Nephew Twiddleton

In the article, what happened to the remaining 8%? Were they something else?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 08, 2012, 05:13:45 AM
In the article, what happened to the remaining 8%? Were they something else?
FSM

Anna Mae Bollocks

If we're pissing people off, abortion is always fun, too.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division